GF is Leaving.....IM DEVESTATED

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Spencer709

Post by Spencer709 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:31 am

Well my gf and I are breaking up. I am 27 and she is 22 and I guess she feels like she needs to get out on her own and be more independant. She dont want to feel that all she has left to do in life is have babies. I know she still loves me and I love her, we are still living together and will have to until we get our stuff together. I am so scared. I finally found a girl who accepted me for who I was and now shes gone. I dont want to be alone. Please help

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:30 am

Honestly, my best advice is feel the pain and recognize it's a rite of passage at your age. Looking back, love came and went, and I lived through it and you will too. You'll learn lessons and become stronger if you let yourself experience the pain. Like a cut that heals, there's a scar but this skin is stronger where healing took place. This too shall pass...

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:02 pm

I've been there spencer. My fiance and i broke up 10 months ago and i was completely devastated. I also thought she accepted me for me but because of my anxiety and melancholy and anger issues, i made life miserable for her so it was time to end things. For about 5 months i was completely depressed. I tried to get her to meet me so i could convince her to take me back but retrospectively she did the right thing. I have to work on myself so i can be at a place that i can love someone freely and accept love in return without anger, anxiety and depression constantly causing problems with a partner.

I've accepted the fact that perhaps because of our age difference that she needed to find herself too without the constant pressure to also take care of me when i wasn't taking care of me.

You may feel devastated for a short period of time or a longer period of time, which was the case with me. As soon as i allowed myself to feel the feeling, the more i felt that I could move on on my own. The more confident i got and the more at peace i was without my ex-fiance. Now i am 99% at peace with it and working on myself is my priority. The guilt of not thinking about someone else first is lifted. It is neither selfish or narcissistic. I hope this program helps me and i hope that it helps you too to deal with your anxiety and depression.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”