New to forum

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Future

Post by Future » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:20 am

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum as I ahve not been formally diagnosed with OCD but I believe I may have an obscession. I obscess about messing up at work. I wash my hands all the time. If I am creating something and I think I amy have contaminated it I throw the whole thing away and start again, this may go on for minutes. I obsecess that I forgot to tell my boss something or I forgot to ask a client a question. I am not living only existing. I did the program and with God's help it really help but I ahve had a lot life changes since then. I love my home but I keep thinking that I have to stay in my current job to keep it. I love mu husband but I keep thinking he would be happier if he stayed single or married someone else. I sorry to burden you but my mind worst turn off.
"To thy ownself be true".

Brenda Outlaw

Post by Brenda Outlaw » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:36 am

Dear Future,

I just begin this program myself and so far the inforfmation has been helpful. As I was listening to the first session on last night, we are encouraged to admit our problem but it is not who we really are. I was thinking this morning and the thought came to that I may have anxiety but it does not have me. I know this may sound contradictory but is not. You know sometimes I think that we are such intelligent people and probably need to make a greater impact upon the world which we live. I was also reading in Philippians chapter 4 verses 4-8 this morning along with this week's session of the program. I believe we are going to overcome our issues where they will not cloud out our lives. I am really looking forward to the future. Have a blessed day!

barbgavon

Post by barbgavon » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:15 am

Future,

Give yourself time. It will get better. I suggest you read as many of the threads on the obsessing lesson in the forums as you can. Read some everyday. You will see you're not alone in this and how others overcame this. You will too!Yes, read Phillip.4:4-8 as Brenda said and be encouraged!! :)

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”