am i all alone

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
iwanttobfree

Post by iwanttobfree » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:35 am

Hello, my name is Amanda.and i am so terrified just writing this because i feel like no one feels they way i do. So here it gos i am constantly scared of natural disasters. hurricanes tornadoes earthquakes and the world coming to an end. i have been scared of this for years and then i saw the previews for that movie 2012 and now i am so scared i think i am going to loose it. dose anyone els ever fear these things or am i really going crazy. PLEASE HELP!!!

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:41 am

Hi there Amanda!

First off, you are never alone ...

I don't have this particular problem but my brother does. We often discuss 2012 and all that jazz - trust me, you are not alone. The reason people fear this so much is because it is something we cannot stop, however, that does not mean it will happen.

There are hundreds of unfulfilled prophecies and we, as a society, tend to have a way of looking at something the way we want it, of manipulating facts and stories to make it as disastrous as possible - for some reason, society thrives on doom. When my mother was little it was believed that the alignment of the planets would mean the world's end - we're still here!

I wouldn't get too worked up over that sort of thing - the movie, for one, was terrible and extremely unrealistic. Also, the origin of this 2012 stuff is very shady! We do not actually know that much about the Mayans as all of their most important and revealing texts were burned, we really shouldn't go interpreting things we don't really know too much about.

As for natural disasters, where do you live, if I may ask? I have lived in Illinois, Florida AND California in my life time and have seen earthquakes, hurricanes and tornadoes and it wasn't all that bad - it depends on where you live but nowhere are you likely to see a battery of these disasters.

Anyway, you are not alone - why do you think this 2012 business is so big right now!? You are not crazy at all - just know this end of the word business isn't coming from too much fact.

Hope this helps even a little,
Love this Life

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:08 am

Yeah, I don't have a phobia of it but I do scare myself to death thinking about 2012. I'm more scared for my children than for myself. I want my children to get a chance to grow old I hope that this world doesn't cut them short of that. I may not have this problem, but I do understand! Hang in there sweetie! And try to control the "What If..." thinking.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”