I know this sounds crazy

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:38 am

David,

Did you experience the same thoughts?

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:45 am

Why do you think that some of out have scary thoughts about the people that we love the must. I am scared I am going to turn into a bad person and just snap. How can I be so sure that I won't? I couldn't stop crying yesterday because I started thinking that I would go crazy and hurt someone that I love.

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:39 am

Alicia,
I can totally empathize with you...obsessive thoughts are so painful, regardless of the specific content of the thought. I guarantee you that you will not "snap" and turn into a bad person. If you really wanted to do any of those horrible things, your thoughts would cause you joy, not pain! Please try to remember that. Believe me, I know how hard it is to trust yourself when you are in the midst of an OCD attack, and I know it's easier said than done but you can do it! Hang in there!

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:33 pm

Thank you so much Kay. I feel so alone!

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:04 pm

Alicia-I know we have talked and I to get the same feelings-I have this vision of how I would hurt myself or someone and it is stuck in my mind-and I want it gone! I hate this disorder-I wish they just made a pill for obsessive thoughts and I would definatley think about taking it-I am to that point.
Believe me people say that "if you really want to do these things you wouldn't be afraid of them" I know that is easier said but then your mind begins to think "well what if I like that thought that would be horrible" I know someone is reading this now thinking "oh she knows how she would do a certain think to herself or someone-she needs help" but that is not the point the point is that this thought scares me and it is the worst possible think that I can think of that is why it is stuck in my head and plays over and over again. I WANT IT GONE. So please do not think that you are the only one-I think I have had every possible scary thought there is and the one thought that scares me the most sticks with you until you give it no more power-I am still working on this-so if anyone else has some advise I will take it- thanks

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:02 am

I completely agree, but I still don't understand why we have these thoughts. How can a "normal" person have them?

ronda stephens

Post by ronda stephens » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:15 pm

Normal people do have these thoughts they just don't let them bother them like we do-See we are so sensitive that when a thought comes to us we are like "Oh my goodness why did I just think that-that is terrible" giving the thought more power and then it comes to you more and more.
Trust me I am still trying to get through this too like you and I am scared each day. Its like I cannot just relax and know I am ok. Or that I wouldn't do anything crazy to me or someone else.
That is why I am so scared to have kids. I used to fantisize about children and being such a happy loving mother-but now I am freaked out about the thought of having kids and I know that is not me. I have ALWAYS wanted kids. But I am afraid I will hurt them. So see you are not alone. I have thoughts of myself and others that I WISH would just disappear-b/c 3 months ago I never had a THOUGHT like this! and that makes me so mad.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:36 pm

GE:

I have the same thoughts about children. I wanted them about 3 months ago, but I am scared that I will end up like a bad mother and hurt them.

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:26 pm

Sounds like we are in the same boat-it is good to know I am not alone.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:21 pm

Alicia!
Google "thinking the unthinkable." I believe its ocdonline. there you find articles by Dr Steven Phillipson on OCD or beter yet purley obsessional forms of ocd and it is completely informative. It changed how I thought about the pure O symptoms that worked me for some time. I know how you feel, I really do! I can remember those feelings so vivdly it makes me want to cry. But! it does get better, with time. GO TO THE ABOVE WEB SITE, IT WILL HELP YOU TREMENDOUSLY. take care.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”