The thoughts don't scare me as much any more...that scares me!

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:09 pm

HEY! I was having these exact thoughts today, and thought....what if this means I'm exceptional and I really am messed up. thanks for posting this because it shows me i'm not. I know how you feel though, i feel like...i don't want to be unafraid of these thoughts cuz then...what if I'll suddenly want to do them?? it's a fear, hurting the ones we love. or seeing them get hurt. we're both just extremely empathetic people. And..i saw my dad pass away when i was just twelve sooo..its understandable why I have this fear.
Anyway, i went through the program once and went a whole year without these scary thoughts..then they came back when I moved again. so it's been on and off. I think it might be OCD and I might take meds for it. but anyway thanks for posting this and letting me know I'm not the only one!! <3

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:52 am

Hey guys,

Well it is very comforting to know that there are others at this same stage. We are almost fully recovered. We have one foot through the door and one still in the old room with our old thinking habits and anxieties and worries and obsessive thoughts. Are we ready? what if we don't like the other side? Atleast we know how this side is... Well we are ready lets take the risk and leap through the door :)

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:23 pm

This post really grabbed my attention because lately I've been the same exact way. I'm only on week 3 so I'm not very far along yet in the program. I started having these thoughts when a pshychiatrist gave me the wrong medicine and made my anxiety worse. It had been slowly getting worse on it's own and now my psychologist said this just added fuel to the fire. I've been ignoring them and telling myself to not let them scare me and they start to go away so when they aren't there I think about them and they come back. Also, when I have them and I don't get as scared by them I feel the same way to where if I'm not scared of them anymore I think it's because I might want to do them so I'm so very glad to hear it's not just me and I'm not crazy. If I have a good day I start thinking am I having any thoughts...then there they come again. :( If I'm not having them or any anxiety I bring it on myself by thinking about it. I know I'm the one doing it but can't seem to stop myself. I have the same issues with my boyfriend of 6 years also. I love him very much but at times I get the loveless or annoyed with him for no reason feelings. I don't take medicine because ever since that doctor messed up I'm terrified of any medicine, even tylenol! I used to take Paxil though and it really helped, it just had a weight gain side affect on me that I didn't like so we were going to try something else. I know now that if I would have had this program at the same time that would have really helped. It would have allowed me breathing room while I practiced what would truly help me. You will do great using both. I do agree that you should try it to at least take the edge off while learning these techniques though if you aren't afraid of medicine like I am lol.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:17 am

You know, every time I think I'm the only darn person out there that has a certain thought...

It's not great that we at times suffer, but it is great to know that we're not alone! I too will be feeling great and then bam, I get the thought that maybe now that I'm not having the thoughts/anxiety, I must be accepting my thought as the truth!!!! How annoying, right? Just thinking that my thought is truth makes me feel like I could pass out. Any recommendations on how to puch past that?

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:01 pm

Hey lovebug,

well before i posted the thread i thought i was the only one. I am glad I am not. I will say this. We are so use to the anxiety that when it is not there it feels weird. It feels odd not feeling crappy haha. Well then we make each other anxious because we got comfortable that way. Well I think fact checking is the key. keep it simple and move on to what ever you were doing in the present moment.

"these thoughts meant nothing months ago, these thoughts meant nothing yesterday, these thoughts meant nothing today, these thoughts still mean nothing tomorrow "

Be compassionate with yourself understanding you are learning to feel average. I went my whole like feeling extreme emotion whether it was a happy one or a sad or scared one. Now i am learning to be average and mellow and it is different, it is anxiety producing, but it sure beats what i felt months ago when getting out of bed was a chore.

god bless

Eddy J

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:24 am

Hello All,

Don't know how to analyze this.....but lately the thoughts I used to have don't scare me anymore, I kinda felt "NORMAL" but then started fearing why I wasn't reacting as much. Did this mean I was depressed? Now it was a whole set of feelings. I was obsessing about being DEPRESSED. The word scares me!!! It makes me feel soooo hopeless....at least with anxiety, you knew that feeling tense was apart of the thoughts not being apart of YOU!! NOW, when the thought crosses my mind about feeling NORMAL, I wonder if it means depression. I start falling into a pit of constant rumination about feeling numb to my thoughts. Any suggestions?

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”