Fear of Dying

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
worryalittlebit

Post by worryalittlebit » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:49 am

I was reading through some of the forums on OCD and I am learning so much about myself. I have thought for years and years that I am different from everyone else. That I think way too much etc. I know looking back I have had OCD since childhood and am now learning how it has affected me as a person. I can't seem to ever enjoy things in life ie. going on vacations, playing sports, eating in different restaurants or trying new foods. I have this obsession with death, that I am afraid I will cause my own death somehow. I used to have this obsession that I was allergic to peanuts and would not eat anything containing peanuts. I went to a food allergist who tested me for the allergy...surprise, surprise...No allergy was found. But I still refused to eat anything containing peanuts. I am afraid to go to new places and try new things that could ultimately result in death or injury to myself. Although I fear these things I do lots of them anyways but suffer the anxiety through it all. This is the first time I have realized it or talked about it and am wondering if anyone else feels the same way? How do you get over the fear of dying? I know that everyone dies someday, but I am 26 years old and I am afraid of dying in any way. Sorry to go on and on but it's like a mini-revelation for me. I also notice, when I think of dying I think of those around me saying "oh but she was so young, that is such a tragedy" Why do I care what others think, why can't I go out and enjoy life to the fullest? Just some thoughts.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:51 am

When I said that I am afraid of causing my own death, I did not mean I would do it delibrately in the case of S**CIDE. But rather just that I was doing something fun and accidentally got injured or died as a result. I think I am afraid to let go and have fun???

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:45 am

I worry alot about dying also. It is more of my feelings of not feeling well that seem to start me thinking this way. Part of it could be I am in perimenopause. It is horrible that I waste so much time worrying about the way I feel. The CD's have gotten me through some really hard times

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:29 am

Accepting Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, going to church, and trying to think positive as helped me some. I constantly worry about dying, but like from Health Anxiety. I'll get chest pain then think I could have a Heart Attack ro something. I also fear getting "put under" for surgery, because I fear that I'll go in the sleep =/

Hot Rod

Post by Hot Rod » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:48 pm

hi worryalittlebit im only 28 and always live in fear of dying any body symptom i have i think is cancer or m.s. or anything i can google. in my line of work i have to face death everyday and i mean death in detail. it has really played up my health anxiety and ocd im really trying to give this program and natural remedies and therapy 100%. at our age we should be loving life and be happy for the measure of health that we do have i know its easier said than done but keep up with the program you can pm me or come to the here for support and reassurance. sometimes i just need reassurance and thats why i touch base with this support group a few times a day then i feel a whole lot better just remember your not alone :)
Focus on what you want, not what you fear...

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:32 am

Hello!I have the same obsessive thoughts.It has created a tremendous amount of anxiety in me.I know that they say that you can't die from a panick attack but I keep thinking that it will happen to me.I'm a Christian so I don't understand why I'm so afraid.I'm trying to fully trust in God.I want to.It really upsets me that I'm not.My body is on high alert pretty much constantly!It just freaks me out on how powerful the mind can be.It definately feels better knowing that your not alone.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”