help

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
LOSTMYSELF86

Post by LOSTMYSELF86 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:10 am

hey everyone im lila i think i have hocd which is ocd about being a lesbian i've dealt with this for 6 years and i really need help im going to a therapist in a week and i want to ask about this but im afraid they wont understand and i dont want them to tell my family about it please help

Sierra

Post by Sierra » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:02 am

Hello lms86,
Ocd can manifest itself in many different ways. Constant obsessing can be part of the wide curtain that falls under the ocd headline. Im not a doctor but i have and do suffer from obsessional ocd. Im also aware that some sufferers worry about if they're gay or not. Your not alone in this. I think its best to talk to a therapist. Years ago I really had to get the the courage to talk about my scary obsessions and once I did It made all the difference in the world. Trying to keep those thoughts and wonders and obsessions bottled up in your mind will never lead you to freedom. I dont know your situation but I believe if you ask your therapist to keep your sessions confidential, im sure he or she would respect your wishes. I know its hard to go in there wondering if they're gonna think your "crazy" but they wont! therapist have heard a lot. good luck to you.
s.

LOSTMYSELF86

Post by LOSTMYSELF86 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:13 am

thanks a lot Sierra i appreciate your advice

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”