Overwhelmed

Respect yourself enough to stand up for yourself; your feelings, concerns, and opinions and ask for what you want. Also, learn how to say “no” without feeling guilty
krtasch1

Post by krtasch1 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:25 pm

I know this has nothing really do to with being assertive, but ever since I got to week 7 I have been feeling overwhelmed with the program. I know it is me trying to be a perfectionist, but I feel that I have not being putting a lot of effort into the program. Which then makes me feel like I need to redo all those sections. I am in grad school now and I just am finding it hard to manage my time. I know this should be the most important aspect of my life right now, but it's hard to focus on when I have research to do. Any pointers? Help? Thanks so much.

clb79

Post by clb79 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:34 am

Hi, I know exactly what you mean. Things were that way for me for a long time. Try to keep thinking about the program and before you go to bed at night try to study and read the program. The relaxation tape is also very nice to listen to when you want to relax or at the end of the day. Try to take things at your pace. It's no fun to be Overwhelmed. It's happened to me plenty. Good Luck! :) :)

Bob-o Bingo

Post by Bob-o Bingo » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:40 pm

Originally posted by krtasch1:
I know this has nothing really do to with being assertive, but ever since I got to week 7 I have been feeling overwhelmed with the program. I know it is me trying to be a perfectionist, but I feel that I have not being putting a lot of effort into the program. Which then makes me feel like I need to redo all those sections. I am in grad school now and I just am finding it hard to manage my time. I know this should be the most important aspect of my life right now, but it's hard to focus on when I have research to do. Any pointers? Help? Thanks so much.
I'm not yo' mamma and I'm not your old man, but believe me when I tell you, YOU REALLY AREN'T MANAGING YOUR TIME! <SHOUTING mode off> You're paying a heck of a lot for your Bachelors, and now your Masters Degrees--much more than you're paying for your Stress Center education.

First things first! Get that Master's Thesis done before you waste any more valuable time on Week 7 or any of the other weeks. You can always listen to Lucinda a little later. Right now it's time to listen to those stuffy PhD's as you work on your College Ed first! Not second... not both at once--LOL!

The 30-36 hours of extra studies and tuition for the Masters is nothing to trifle with. You've made the committment to do it, its costing you a bundle of bucks, so roll up your sleeves and get to work!

Return to “Session 7 - Assertive Behavior: Speak Confidently, Gain Respect”