I need help

Respect yourself enough to stand up for yourself; your feelings, concerns, and opinions and ask for what you want. Also, learn how to say “no” without feeling guilty
hollister_2424

Post by hollister_2424 » Mon May 11, 2009 4:07 am

I dont understand how to do the work book in session 7

Post by Guest » Thu May 14, 2009 9:46 am

hollister,

Are you having trouble with the self-assesment? There are no right or wrong answers for that. I'd suggest doing it as a rapid-fire type exercise. Don't think about it too much, just answer with the first number that comes to mind. Then tally your scores to see where you fall on the overall scale of assertiveness. This is just a tool to gauge where you are right now.

As for the next questions, read the examples beforehand so that you get the gist of what your answers should sound like. Remember they are only examples. Yours will be unique to you. If you are still having trouble coming up with situations where you need to assert yourself, then call the center.

Finally, the negative thoughts portion is again to assess where you are right now. It should show you how far you've come and which areas still need work. There is alot of written work this week, but it has a specific purpose.

Hope this helps and that I don't sound too much like your "Mom" with all the instructions. Take Care!

Return to “Session 7 - Assertive Behavior: Speak Confidently, Gain Respect”