How fast does should this program go?

Respect yourself enough to stand up for yourself; your feelings, concerns, and opinions and ask for what you want. Also, learn how to say “no” without feeling guilty
keepsmilin

Re: How fast does should this program go?

Post by keepsmilin » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:44 pm

Good luck!!

My advice?
....Really try hard to focus on the positives throughout the day. Throughout A day. Like...use it as practise and pretend it's your own little game. When you wake and the weather is "crap," just say, " Hey, it's ok the weather is different. I have a roof over my head and I'm cozy and safe. The sun will shine again really soon." When you look in the mirror and you seem to have a few blemishes, instead of laying into yourself, simply say, "It's okay to have blemishes. What's really important?
I will drink lots of water today and take care of myself and my skin will clear up soon. These things happen."
Things like that...any little thing....try and make it positive. And try and give people as many compliments as you can that are true and also try do that to yourself, in your head or aloud. Also, trying to not complain or say anything negative throughout the day is a good one, too. This all is in the program, I just forget what session.

All the best to you. Learn and move forward :)

PS: Did you finish the program the first time?

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:29 pm

keepsmilin wrote:
PS: Did you finish the program the first time?

I think I completed about 14 chapters.

keepsmilin

Post by keepsmilin » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:54 pm

Oh..so almost the entire thing. I see I see.

Stay strong :)

Thank you!

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:52 pm

Well, I think I am ready to move on from Session Seven to Session Eight now :D .

I have listened to the Session 7 CD three times, went through the workbook chapter, did a little bit of

journaling, and listened to both of my relaxation CD's recently :) . ( I have a relaxation CD from the program and

another relaxation CD that I bought at a yoga studio here in town ). And I worked on some negative

to positive thoughts / statements the other evening :) . I am also reading an "inspirational"

book called "When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times" :) .

Should I review some of the older Sessions before I move on :?: .

I cannot remember what Lucinda said to do in the workbook :? .

Lynda :)

keepsmilin

Post by keepsmilin » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:06 pm

Hello Lynda!

In the workbook's "Put To Practise," they sometimes suggest that you review a chapter/session. You don't have to, but it can be a good idea. I have done this twice and it has confused me at first, then helped me in the end. It's like anything...you'll retain a lot if you review sometimes..or at some point. I am planning on reviewing all the chapters right after I finish..just briefly.

As for all the work you're doing... and progress you're making...Good For You!

I am very adamant about journaling and coming on here everyday..and meditating and doing my relaxation cd every day.

One question...
Should we be doing the "negative to positive"thoughts everyday? It says four each day...(for that session..)...but are you suppose to continue? I started to continue...then I stopped..then I continued again and now I have stopped. I don't want to/feel I need to focus on the negative to positive stuff UNLESS I am in a negative state and sort of a rut. I feel it's best to focus on each session and all IT has to offer.

Agreed? Or...what do you think?

keepsmilin

Post by keepsmilin » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:07 pm

I NOW also do the neg-positives in my head..because I am capable now..and if I can't shake it..I'll write it down.

peony

Post by peony » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:23 am

Dear Keepsmilin,

I am on my first round of this, just finished ssession 6. I have been doing the journal most every day, catching up when I miss. In the journal I'll jot down NT every now and then. When I'm finished the journal I do my neg thought booklet using all the NT notes. For every NT I use the format suggested

1) negative thought
2) questioning, is it really true?
3) changing to more positive thought
4) notice the transition
5) Problem Solve (what can I do: future actions. eg See the positve in people. eg. next time wait for 24 hours. eg make goal to count my blessings)
6) write it down

peony

Post by peony » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:30 am

continued....

Usually I end up doing around 6 NT's a day. Lucinda says the average person has hundreds of NT's per day! No wonder we have to keep working this program.

I am thinking it's like dieting. We change our diet then just stay on a good diet to maintain forever.

I hope in future I will be able to do the process in my head, but for now this works for me. Surprisingly I get relief from the writing process.

Congratulations on the work. Keep working the negative to positive muscles and we will get fit. Good workouts to all!

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Sat May 05, 2012 6:20 pm

keepsmilin wrote:Hello Lynda!

In the workbook's "Put To Practise," they sometimes suggest that you review a chapter/session. You don't have to, but it can be a good idea. I have done this twice and it has confused me at first, then helped me in the end. It's like anything...you'll retain a lot if you review sometimes..or at some point. I am planning on reviewing all the chapters right after I finish..just briefly.

As for all the work you're doing... and progress you're making...Good For You!

I am very adamant about journaling and coming on here everyday..and meditating and doing my relaxation cd every day.

One question...
Should we be doing the "negative to positive"thoughts everyday? It says four each day...(for that session..)...but are you suppose to continue? I started to continue...then I stopped..then I continued again and now I have stopped. I don't want to/feel I need to focus on the negative to positive stuff UNLESS I am in a negative state and sort of a rut. I feel it's best to focus on each session and all IT has to offer.

Agreed? Or...what do you think?
keepsmilin:
I went back through my workbook and read every " Put Into Practice " page in the book from Session One
through Session Seven: I noticed that I was supposed to have reviewed Session 2, 3, and 4.
So, I recently went back and listened to each one of these CD's again.
Since these are Sessions that I could really relate to, I was genuinely interested in listening to them again.
I also made some notes for myself, listing the things I should be doing regularly:

Exercise
Breathe
Read carry-along cards
Journal
Read a self-help or inspirational book
Eliminate stimulants
Meditate
Live in the precious, present moment
Down shift ( slow pace )
Relaxation
Gratitude!
Drink water
Food diary
Write down goals

About the negative to positive thoughts process, I believe that we are supposed to be doing this every day as a part
of the program. I have been horrible about writing these down, but I know if I do just three or four a day that it
really does help me out. Our skills need to be reinforced on a regular basis. But you should do whatever is comfortable
for you as far as this goes.

There is already SO much for us to do on a daily basis, that it CAN be overwhelming, at least it is for me !

Keep up the great work and thanks for the kind words.

Lynda

keepsmilin

Post by keepsmilin » Sun May 06, 2012 10:07 pm

Thanks for your post! I agree...the skills need to be practised and reviewed and I am learning how to do this in my head..not always writing things down...BUT, writing things down DOES TOTALLY HELP, too! I just had to write a lot of things down and there were a lot of things that I needed to do daily for the program, that I decided to focus on doing some things in my head....like: diet-counting how many fruits n veggies and how much water I am taking in, neg to positives, even lessons I am learning I am thinking about rather than always writing them down.

I will, I am sure, get back to writing most things down, like lessons and neg to positives....but I think it's important for ME to remember how many fruits and veggies and H20 I am taking in so I am "trained," and can do it anywhere no matter what, and am always aware and can trust myself.

I am, overall, doing way less journaling (if any) and I am not going forward in the program because of my new job. I posted a new topic called "Taking a Pause" I believe, and that's what I am doing. You can check it out if you wish :)

Basically, it states:
I am training for a new job and focusing on that, and then I'll jump back in. I am, however, reviewing my skills on my reminder cards daily, as well as meditating a little each day. Like, two minutes. It's enough to keep me going and remember how far I've come. After the job training is done and I feel I can handle the new job and it's responsibilities, then I will jump back in! :)

Keep up all the good work!!

xx HUGS!

Return to “Session 7 - Assertive Behavior: Speak Confidently, Gain Respect”