How fast does should this program go?

Respect yourself enough to stand up for yourself; your feelings, concerns, and opinions and ask for what you want. Also, learn how to say “no” without feeling guilty
Juno

Post by Juno » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:40 am

I think I'm a bit confused about how this program works. I thought we were supposed to move along through the program and so I have been doing that. But I don't know if I've acquired all the skills from sessions 3 and 4 or even 6 and I'm on session 7 already. I'm finding it hard to slow down. I want to keep going, but I'm not sure I should or if I have built up enough skills to keep going. Does anyone have any advice?
"If you are calm, you are in control of your mind and body. If you are
upset, they are in control of your mind and body."

"When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
Abraham Maslow

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:51 am

Juno,
Do a tape a week for fifteen weeks. You don't want any time to lapse inbetween. You are getting the information you need. Do the workbook with each tape. One week give you ample time to listen to each tape several times. When you have completed the program go back and start again - usually with tape 3 but starting with tape 1 again is fine, too. Bombard yourself with the information. You're doing fine.

keepsmilin

Re: How fast does should this program go?

Post by keepsmilin » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:54 pm

Should I do this program again and again? Or...once is good enough and then just "check it out" and "look back and read notes" and "listen to a few session cds"?

I am learning tons...but I do feel it's fast paced now. I think that's a good thing, though. I just don't want to have to do it alllll over again either. It's therapy. I will take the skills and keep living on, but I don't want to have to do it ooover and oover you know?

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:39 pm

Today I have to agree with "Guest", just work on one Session per week.
I have been working on one Session every two weeks and it is just dragging on forever !

( This is from Session Ten )....................

I can accomplish anything I want. Nothing can stand in my way. I am strong. I am in control of my life.

Lynda

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:00 am

I think you should do the program at a pace that works for you. If you feel like you are getting what you need in a week then do it that way. If there are certian sessions you feel you could use a little more time with, then take it!! They just offer a suggested way, but you can do it however is best for you!! I find I can take a week in some sessions but then 2 or even 3 in others.
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:39 pm

I am GOING to get through Session Seven this week ! And that's that :lol: .
Lynda

keepsmilin

Post by keepsmilin » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:30 pm

Do what feels right and good.
Sometimes it's hard to tell for some of us because we're in an altered state in a way or we're really feeling vulnerable and sensitive and we're already feeling lost. But, maybe do as suggested and if that doesn't work in time, then do what's right for YOU (once you kinda know). I think it's also hard to kinda KNOW what's right for you, though, because you're always learning and always practising and maybe always think you could always learn more.... Anyways....I'd say.... TRY doing it the way they suggest to begin with-for guidance. Then, take it from there and trust yourself.

Hope I helped.

Remember, everyone is different. And learns differently. And leads different lives.

XX HUGS!

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:00 pm

At least I did my journal today and I read my carry-along card. I am going to listen to the
Session Seven CD now. If I am reading a self-help book along with working the program then
I usually take about two weeks for each Session. Thanks for the hugs.
God Bless and Keep In Touch,
Lynda

keepsmilin

Post by keepsmilin » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:41 pm

Keep at it :) Way to go :)

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:20 am

How can I explain this. Well, I am working on the program now for the second time. A year ago this month

I was working on Session Seven, just like I am now ! What a coincidence ! Anyhow, so, I am looking at Page 105

of my workbook. This section states: List below any negative thoughts or statements you have had this past week.

After you have written the negative statement, replace it and write a postive statement on the next line. I re-read

my writing from a year ago and it was sure an eye opener. My negative statement lasted an entire page long

with no positive replacement statement ( how typical ). What is even more amazing is my list of negative thoughts

from a year ago are all of the negative thoughts that I have been having recently ! I am still amazed at

my writing. So nothing has changed during the past year, my same old worries are my same old worries !

I sure hope to be working this program with more success the second time around or I will be reading the same thoughts

and statements in 2013 that I am reading now ! Good Grief.

Lynda

Return to “Session 7 - Assertive Behavior: Speak Confidently, Gain Respect”