How fast does should this program go?

Respect yourself enough to stand up for yourself; your feelings, concerns, and opinions and ask for what you want. Also, learn how to say “no” without feeling guilty
keepsmilin

Re: How fast does should this program go?

Post by keepsmilin » Sun May 06, 2012 10:07 pm

Thanks for your post! I agree...the skills need to be practised and reviewed and I am learning how to do this in my head..not always writing things down...BUT, writing things down DOES TOTALLY HELP, too! I just had to write a lot of things down and there were a lot of things that I needed to do daily for the program, that I decided to focus on doing some things in my head....like: diet-counting how many fruits n veggies and how much water I am taking in, neg to positives, even lessons I am learning I am thinking about rather than always writing them down.

I will, I am sure, get back to writing most things down, like lessons and neg to positives....but I think it's important for ME to remember how many fruits and veggies and H20 I am taking in so I am "trained," and can do it anywhere no matter what, and am always aware and can trust myself.

I am, overall, doing way less journaling (if any) and I am not going forward in the program because of my new job. I posted a new topic called "Taking a Pause" I believe, and that's what I am doing. You can check it out if you wish :)

Basically, it states:
I am training for a new job and focusing on that, and then I'll jump back in. I am, however, reviewing my skills on my reminder cards daily, as well as meditating a little each day. Like, two minutes. It's enough to keep me going and remember how far I've come. After the job training is done and I feel I can handle the new job and it's responsibilities, then I will jump back in! :)

Keep up all the good work!!

xx HUGS!

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Sun May 06, 2012 11:31 pm

keepsmilin:

Congrats on the new job training ! And great job on keeping up with the program !
You seem to be headed in the right direction and are doing great work.

Sending happy faces your way . . . . :D :D :D

Lynda

keepsmilin

Post by keepsmilin » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:43 pm

Thank you for the love and support! I send it right back to you!!
One step at a time...one step at a time....
Just an added note: The Ellen Degeneres show really puts a smile on my face every morning!

Roperoo

Post by Roperoo » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:38 am

I have had this same question, but I have noticed that the one's I feel I need the most help at, I study for a few extra weeks, and the ones I am doing okay at I move on after a week. I do think after I finish it the first time I may do it one more time just to refresh, and make sure I picked up all of the skills I could! That way, I will be more capable at fighting my anxiety head on! :)

keepsmilin

Post by keepsmilin » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:39 pm

That sounds like a good plan.

I am going to trail off and just live and read some cool books at night time..but not re do the program. I would like to review the skills when I need though, just not do the whole program again. If I choose to do the program again in the near/far future if at all, then I will want to do it aaallll....like the journaling, meditating, online forum, put to practise sessions, etc. But even jut a review I know would do me good, if anything. So I guess I'll see....

You're on the right track, that's for sure. Keep going :)

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:30 pm

I am stuck on Session Nine.
I was having problems with Session Nine and then I had a family
emergency situation. Now I am two weeks more behind than I
was before. I feel like I have been off of the program FOREVER.
I am almost feeling like I just started the program, but I am
really on Session Nine. I need a jump start. I need to get focused
again and work on the program every day. The only thing I HAVE
been continuing the past two weeks is listening to the relaxation
CD. This relaxation CD has really helped me out and has really
been helping me to relax in the afternoons. I now must start
journaling again and reading the carry along cards. I must
listen to the Session Nine CD again and re-read the workbook
chapter. I have done none of the homework for Session Nine
and that is where I was stumped the first time around on Session
Nine. The homework assignments are brutal for me on this one.
My program is going to take me WAY longer than 15 weeks to
complete ! I was already taking two weeks per Session before
hitting Session Nine !

Lynda :shock:

keepsmilin

Post by keepsmilin » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:43 pm

I wouldn't look at it as being "behind." Life happens and you had other priorities and you had a set back. That's ok. Get right back to it. Just do the homework in session 9 and then once you've completed what you need to for that session, move on and just keep going like you never had a set back. It is ok. It will be alright. You're still benefitting. Don't think "perfect" and "behind" and all that...it'll set you up for disaster. You can do this. Just one step at a time. Finishing session 9 is your goal I would say...(by the words/ sounds of your posts.) We all believe in you!!
Let me know how you're doing :)

KeepSmilin

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:20 pm

dear keepsmilin:
Thank you so much for your support !
Lynda :)

keepsmilin

Post by keepsmilin » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:48 pm

You're so welcome!

We're all here for one another and for ourselves :)

Thank you!!

Return to “Session 7 - Assertive Behavior: Speak Confidently, Gain Respect”