Here we go

Respect yourself enough to stand up for yourself; your feelings, concerns, and opinions and ask for what you want. Also, learn how to say “no” without feeling guilty
Iwillbebetter

Re: Here we go

Post by Iwillbebetter » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:51 pm

That is so true
Nel01073 wrote:Yes the amount of effort we put into the program is what well get out of it.
Explains why I never feel as "good" as on days when I don't do anything regarding the program. It's so amazing to me still how much such little things can make such a difference. Yes I still have times when I also I would say "stuff down" the anger, but then yes as you say, it comes back up sooner or later, normally for me when it comes back up, it's because there is no more room for stuffing it down and it's a bit to come out then... I am starting to see it is also due to the people. I still have trouble "being assertive" with certian people. I find my boyfriend to be one of them, but I will continue to work on it. Can't just say its to hard I give up, I can and I will. That will just probably take smaller steps to get where I'm going. :) It's not the speed but the direction that matters :) :) I think I can I think I can :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

Nel01073

Post by Nel01073 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:05 pm

Well even if Im still not sure Im gonna start session 8 today. I dont know if Im ready but I can always go back to a session if I feel I need to. I know what you mean about having trouble being assertive with certain people. My sister is really angry and I decided to work on controlling my anger and being assertive before I confront her. Yes we can. I didnt believe it at first but Ive found assertive behavior to be much more effective than anger so far. I like what you said and Ill keep it in mind its not the speed but the direction that matters :)

mmwillie928

Post by mmwillie928 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:32 pm

its not the speed but the direction that matters :)[/quote]
i really like that...very encouraging!

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:36 am

Nel, that's totally understandable. There are one or two that I feel I need to work on myself a little more before I can "stand up" to them also, but I know I will be able to!! :) I would agree the assertiveness is deffinately better than the anger once we get a hold of how to do it!! I have decided to stay in 7 just a little longer. I had kind of a "down" week and didn't get much done so decided to stay just a little longer!! someone else said that to me here -

it's not the speed but the direction that matters.... that has helped me so much!! :) I repeat that one often!! :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

Return to “Session 7 - Assertive Behavior: Speak Confidently, Gain Respect”