Freedom

Respect yourself enough to stand up for yourself; your feelings, concerns, and opinions and ask for what you want. Also, learn how to say “no” without feeling guilty
Clarysage

Freedom

Post by Clarysage » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:29 am

I am starting session seven today and I feel so good about doing this program. I have been working on all of these issues for years and years, never recognizing my true problem until being introduced to this program. This has been the missing puzzle piece. I have had some crappy attitude days since starting and that is okay. It is all part of this new path I am walking. I look at it as a resistance to change and this is a typical response - (out of fear I think)- I try to just observe and notice that "okay, so I am depressed right now and feeling sorry for myself", and just accept that this is how I feel at the moment and not judge myself for how I feel. Just let it be and drop the dialogue about it. My counselor reinforces this too with suggesting when I am anxious to just notice how I feel physically and allow the feeling to be there without dialogue or judgement. Just be in the moment with my experience. This has been liberating. I don't feel so much like I am at the mercy of this. I feel more engaged in LIFE.
I like that this is organized with each session addressing another aspect of behavior.

Paisleegreen

Re: Freedom

Post by Paisleegreen » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:09 pm

That's great, Clarysage :) I'm glad you are feeling better...Paislee :mrgreen:

Return to “Session 7 - Assertive Behavior: Speak Confidently, Gain Respect”