BUILDING A BETTER LIFE..... Session 7

Respect yourself enough to stand up for yourself; your feelings, concerns, and opinions and ask for what you want. Also, learn how to say “no” without feeling guilty
mcshope

BUILDING A BETTER LIFE..... Session 7

Post by mcshope » Mon May 23, 2011 12:12 pm

BUILDING A BETTER LIFE

This thread is open to anyone who is going thru the program. We are now on session 7 and we will start a new lesson every week. We are following Lucinda's Program the way is meant to be, listening to the sessions, reading the lessons, completing the assignments. This is just an space to share your experiences and progress.

We are almost half way... :D ... It has been a great experience to go thru the program with the company and support of other people. It is nice to know that there are people willing to listen and share their experiences.

We would like to support each other, share our progress and continue growing and learning. If you have anything to share, join us, we learn a lot from other people's experiences.

mcshope

Re: BUILDING A BETTER LIFE..... Session 7

Post by mcshope » Mon May 23, 2011 12:17 pm

And the video for this week....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryh1Ctof4Ks

Talk to you later
Hope

livelife

Post by livelife » Mon May 23, 2011 2:50 pm

Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had the whole video for session 7?
mcshope for some reason it doesnt complete the whole coaching video on this one...
Thanks so much in advance! <3 God Bless!

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Tue May 24, 2011 10:28 am

I couldn't find the whole video in Youtube, ooopppsss.....
Here is another video that explains the difference between assertive behavior and aggressive...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUU7hKGP ... re=related

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue May 24, 2011 1:56 pm

This is very good McHope! Boy, did I have an experience with my son yesterday, it really threw me through a loop! :shock: so I've been nursing my wounds. But I was assertive asking for a plastic dish pan that seemed to disappear from my kitchen sink. After requesting the missing dishpan, (he at first denied knowing anything when I asked while he was sort of still sleeping) I then later when he was up asked for it back and he gave me the runaround and went to tell me that I didn't ever do the dishes.

I was not a happy camper at that remark and he was accusatory, I just kept requesting my dish pan back. I finally got it back but after he text DH to see if he could buy some new tires for his truck. He responded back by saying that after he returns the "freakin" dish pan. DH was proud that he got a response back from him, but I was not happy with DH describing the dish pan as "freakin'" as that just gives ammo for DS to continue hounding me for using a plastic dish pan in my kitchen sink. I take that as a form of sarcasm from DH.

So it has been very emotional for me, but we (DH and I) see my Therapist today. Of course we will discuss this issue and I want to bring in DS for counseling. I think it is way overdue. Paislee :mrgreen:

THH

Post by THH » Tue May 24, 2011 11:07 pm

I need to listen to this again, as it has be awhile. I liked it the 10 times I played it! LOL.... Paislee, you go girl! ;)

Hope - How are you??? Thanks for leading us in the program. Thanks for posting the video too! :D

livelife

Post by livelife » Wed May 25, 2011 12:10 am

THH wrote:I need to listen to this again, as it has be awhile. I liked it the 10 times I played it! LOL.... Paislee, you go girl! ;)

Hope - How are you??? Thanks for leading us in the program. Thanks for posting the video too! :D
Hi THH,
Did you say you listened to session 7, 10 times?

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed May 25, 2011 1:04 pm

Yep, she did! I read the card a few times yesterday! I listened to the What If CD a few times while I was driving around in my van, and I listen to Session ? on Negative Self talk when I take a bath! They are all so useful to keep hearing over and over again. Some stories could be refreshed, but everything else is always useful to hear over and over again. :mrgreen:

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Wed May 25, 2011 4:56 pm

Hello everyone,

I really like this session. I know this is one that I have to work really hard on, being assertive is not something you learn in school ;) .
I have been quite busy, at the printshop we got a good amount of work, which is great!!!... however I have to spend more time there.
I took my class of Quickbooks, which I enjoyed a lot. I had a hard time getting there (as always), but once there I was a happy camper (go figure).... If I just could not have that anticipatory anxiety I would be great.... However I have been thinking that last year I was unable to leave the house and getting the mail every day was a challenge, I am doing pretty good, but I'll have to challenge myself a little more.
My stepson moved out, I feel this time is for good. I have been thinking a lot about the empty nest, on one side is great, however sometimes the house feels empty.

Paislee, How your appointment with the therapist went?....

Livelife, I have the CD in my car. I listen to it almost every day in my way to the printshop and back home.

I have to get back to work. I will check with you all later.
Hope

livelife

Post by livelife » Wed May 25, 2011 10:49 pm

Hi everyone,
I was in a situation today in which i had to be assertive and I did, but I felt like i wanted to cry.
I was keeping a calm voice and rationally talking except i felt like i really wanted to cry when i said "I felt bad and sad when you said______" this and that and when i did say that i felt sad like as if i wanted to just scream at the person i was talking too and i held back though, but it still felt pretty bad. And for the rest of the day i was annoyed and angry and felt like i SHOULD'VE GOTTEN ANGRY! <//3 UGHH WHAT TO DO?

Return to “Session 7 - Assertive Behavior: Speak Confidently, Gain Respect”