I Can Honestly Say...

Respect yourself enough to stand up for yourself; your feelings, concerns, and opinions and ask for what you want. Also, learn how to say “no” without feeling guilty
GoodDave

Post by GoodDave » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:57 pm

That I'm making really great progress with the program. I'd have to say that the positive self talk, anger and assertiveness CDs have been my favorites so far. I even spoke briefly to one of the coaches on the phone this past week and she was wonderful. I really wish I could afford to get coached once per week.

I know this program isn't a magic bullet and it's going to take a lot of time and practice for me to get over this condition, but for a guy who has lived the better part of my 30 years with these feelings, it's a real breakthrough for me to know that I'm thinking much more positively, having enough confidence to voice my anger in an effective way and the power to stand up for myself and be assertive.

Thank you guys so much for this program. I don't know what I would do or where I would be without it. I can't wait to move on to Session 8. It's the greatest feeling to know that I'm not alone in this and that I can recover.
-Dave-

"Because the plot thickens every day, and the pieces of my puzzle keep crumbling away. But I know there's a picture beneath."

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:45 am

That's awesome that you can see the progress you are making!! :) I think that's the best motivation, being able to see it working!

It is a LOT of work & yes will take a LOT of time, but in the end it will be more than worth it!! :)

* Good luck on your journey to recovery!!

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:13 am

Thank you. :) Same to you.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:21 am

:)

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:41 am

Still making really great progress I see Dave that is awesome! I can relate to having this condition for a very long time and there was so much time thinking we wouldn't or even couldn't feel better and well we're proving it wrong. Keep up the good work!

Mike

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:50 pm

Thanks, Mike. By the way, I love the quote you use for your signature. Who did it come from?

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:38 am

Xena warrior princess actually.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:30 pm

Haha! That's awesome!

Return to “Session 7 - Assertive Behavior: Speak Confidently, Gain Respect”