Nervous about mediation

Respect yourself enough to stand up for yourself; your feelings, concerns, and opinions and ask for what you want. Also, learn how to say “no” without feeling guilty
Corr

Post by Corr » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:40 am

Hi. I am getting extremely nervous about a small claims case against my old landlord. He did give me notice of keeping my security deposit in time, 68 days when in Wisconsin he has 21 days. I ended up filing a small claims case, but in this state you are required to go to medation first. I just filed the case last week, so don't know when medation will be but I am completely freaking out about it. I am very emotional and animated when I talk, and I get angry very easily. There is a very long history with him, and it is upsetting to me. I am scared to sit in a room across the table and "discuss" things with him. I am glad I will be through lesson 7 by then, but am having bad dreams about losing it in the room. I am trying to plan and practice what I will say, but you never know how a conversation will go. Any advice?

dgreen41

Post by dgreen41 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:55 am

jUST PRAY AND ASK GOD TO GIVE YOU THE WORD TO SPEAK AND TRY TO STAY FOCUS.

gam

Post by gam » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:23 pm

Mediation is very simple and the 2 attys do most of the talking and yours will ask u a question, then his atty. It is very calm ususally and settled quickly so the case won't have to go to court. Good luck, all will be well.

Return to “Session 7 - Assertive Behavior: Speak Confidently, Gain Respect”