Voicing my opinion..in a nice way!!!

Respect yourself enough to stand up for yourself; your feelings, concerns, and opinions and ask for what you want. Also, learn how to say “no” without feeling guilty
cream cheese

Post by cream cheese » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:37 pm

I can honestly say if I get angry enough I will start mouthing off. But at times I back off, something tells me to. I had an incident with this foreign caretaker at a cemetary. Her WHOLE aura was surrounded with negativity. IT JUST REEKS OUT OF PEOPLE and you dont even have to say a word to them....WHAT THE CRAP IS THAT??? who knew what her agitation was all about, but I was in direct fire.
Anyway....I brushed it off, her nastiness and all I took it as "she may be just plain mean, she has a very serious problem, or something else, but I tried to alleviate it with smiles and good talk. I dont know if I helped her but it sure took a weight off me. I let her problem BE HER PROBLEM, I tried to make her feel positive. It didnt work for that short time. Hopefully someone else will come along and make her happy even for a minute. It all helps. E

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:53 pm

Yep, that's how some people are. The author of Rich Dad, Poor Dad, use to say that mean people have mean dogs. He could tell when he use to have to go up and sell or do business by the way the dogs were. The people I could tell that were slimy, turned out to be slimy. Convincing my spouse that truth he had to learn the hard way. Ugh. :eek:

Return to “Session 7 - Assertive Behavior: Speak Confidently, Gain Respect”