Assertive behavior triumph!

Respect yourself enough to stand up for yourself; your feelings, concerns, and opinions and ask for what you want. Also, learn how to say “no” without feeling guilty
Moontale

Post by Moontale » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:47 pm

Hi, this past weeks I have been reading a book on how to assert yourself and as I have been using the skills this week is making me have more respect for myself!!! I actually used the skill with the guy that is hiring me for a job and a couple of other people and is amazing the respect and honesty I am getting from them............I still had another situations that I wasn't able to be assertive and I get anxious with OCD about that, but I am waiting the oportunity to make that up in the next chance I have with the person. So I get rid of the OCD. I am discovering that my anxiety comes from the fact that I have been dishonest with my feelings, being nice to people I don't want to be, and doing stuffs I don't want to do. That is when i get angry to myself..and I want to difuse that anger as soon as posible, I want to start living!! I want to love my self!! I want to be free!! I deserve it because I am a good person!!... Well, I just wanted to share that :0)

Mom of 6

Post by Mom of 6 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:15 pm

Congratulation! Great job! I'm proud of you! Being assertive happens to be the hardest thing for me! But it sounds like you are getting the hang of it! If you wouldn't mind, I would like to know what book your reading on assertiveness. I could use all the help I can get LOL..
oh and by the way, you said you wanted to "start Living", "start loving yourself" and want to "be free", It's sounds like your there, you have GREAT positive self talk :) GREAT JOB!!
Take care, God bless,
Robin
"O God, you are my God. Earnestly I seek you;my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is BETTER than life,my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name, I will lift up my hands." Psalms 63

Steve2120

Post by Steve2120 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:16 pm

Awesome!!! YOU DO DESERVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

lost but lookin

Post by lost but lookin » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:37 pm

I soooo need that book please share the title and congrats on this accomplishment!!!!

Moontale

Post by Moontale » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:15 pm

The book is called People Skills (how to assert yourself, listen to others and resolve conflicts) Robert Bolto n, P.h.D. and I bought this "Be more assertive" self-hipnosis CD <A HREF="http://www.hypnoshop.com/hypnosis-cds-m ... rtive.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.hypnoshop.com/hypnosis-cds-m ... ve.html</A> I love the CD too!! But this is what is helping me :) I'm sure any kind assertive material would do just good!! We can do this!!!

Return to “Session 7 - Assertive Behavior: Speak Confidently, Gain Respect”