im not sure what to do

Respect yourself enough to stand up for yourself; your feelings, concerns, and opinions and ask for what you want. Also, learn how to say “no” without feeling guilty
good82life

Post by good82life » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:18 pm

I picked up my son from school a couple of days ago (hes 5) . I got out of the car to get him he was waiting with the teacher and the other kids i saw him then i called him over i was in front of the school in the middle of the street there was no cars he came runnin towords me then the teacher started to yell at him in spanish to come back.

she started to yell at me and i told her i dont speek spanish she called anther teacher over that spoke english she told me that they were not suposed to cross the street I said ok then pick up my son to go i saw he was starting to cry.
i was going to tell the lady dont yell at my son my son like that but I didnt. I have been scaring myslef for the past 2 days. Im not sure what to do about it i was thinking to confront the lady about it

LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:11 am

If I were in this situation, I would tell this teacher that you talked to your son about the school rules of where he can and cannot cross the street. You can let her know you feel that her yelling at your son was out of concern with him crossing the street at the wrong place, but that it really scared him. You will feel better about talking to this teacher in a calm manner, but you also are letting her know she scared your son by the way she reacted. I hope this helps. Lisa

Return to “Session 7 - Assertive Behavior: Speak Confidently, Gain Respect”