dizzy in stores

Respect yourself enough to stand up for yourself; your feelings, concerns, and opinions and ask for what you want. Also, learn how to say “no” without feeling guilty
Joseph wiliams

Post by Joseph wiliams » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:48 am

I am so proud to hear that im not the only one that feels this way about stores........

chrismb

Post by chrismb » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:26 pm

I am new here but I just signed up because I googled how I have been feeling, came across this forum and just realized that I am not in any way alone. I took the train over a year every single day to and from work with no problems then out of nowhere felt dizzy and not right and have not been able to get on the train like normal again. Then I got those panic dizzy spells everywhere I went. Best Buy, Walmart, CVS, the bookstore, the grocery store. It is embaressing and for a while I really thought I was alone and crazy. My boyfriend would ask wht is wrong and I would say thr lights it makes me feel weird and I would listen to what I was saying and be like What?? It didn't even sound right to me. I am os glad I found a bunch of people I can relate to

GatorsRanxious2

Post by GatorsRanxious2 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:50 am

I'm with you guys on this one! I get dizzy in big stores too. It is VERY uncomfortable. The bad thing is I like going in the stores but I get in the fog once I'm there. It is all the busy-ness that gets to me. Thanks for sharing. Nice to know I'm not alone. LOL.

jodi leigh

Post by jodi leigh » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:25 pm

i've gotten dizzy in stores off an on for quit some time i love walmart and have been to target a few times, but i think its the thought of people seeing me panic or lose control that brings on the symptoms for me. now i try to think of it as an adventure, i did'nt think of the eye/light thing, but i wear my sunglasses into the store almost every time i go (florida) so thanks for sharing that with me it affirmed alot for me. jodi

Post by Guest » Sat May 16, 2009 8:03 pm

Hi All,
I used to be the same way. I could not handle the fluorescent lighting, either!!!

I was sooo bad with this, that I had sooo much difficulty going into any store.

I avoided Walmarts and Lowes like they were some type of plague...LOL..

I never got far from that exit sign, either!!!
I would get really dizzy, and feel off-balance, and I thought for sure that I was going to faint!!!

I would memorize where the car was parked, in case, I became sooo disoriented that I could not remember...

I ran out of stores, more times than Carter has gotten liver pills...LOL...

Of course, none of this is funny, at all, at the time.

I suffered from agoraphobia, severe panic attacks, and depression for 21 years of my life.

And in all that time, I never once fainted or died, although, I sure felt like I was doing both!!!

Everyone here is going to be fine. Just continue with the program!!!!

Panic attacks are NOT dangerous in any way. They cannot hurt you in any way...

Hopefully, soon, you will learn to accept them, and embrace them with all of your being. You can not run from yourself.

The stores have absolutely nothing to do with the panic attacks. You are associating them with the panic attacks, therefore, you are scaring your own selves in these stores by thinking you will have a panic attack in them...

What is causing your panic attacks in these stores is the negative things you are telling yourself that will happen in these places...

It has absolutely nothing to do with the place...Trust me on this one....

I do not even think about a panic attack in these stores, now!!!

Remember, YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS SCARING YOUR OWN SELF....

I do not want anyone to suffer, as I have suffered...God Bless

BookOfPsalms

Post by BookOfPsalms » Tue May 26, 2009 6:25 am

Oh, I can truly relate to the dizziness in stores!! Thank God I have not felt this in awhile, but I notice that I notice this when my anxiety is bad. The lighting in stores are bad to me also! I used to get dizzy and feel faint in stores and it would make me panic! I have actually had panic attacks in stores! I would hate dealing with that and I would avoid going to shopping malls, stores, etc. I know that it is just anxiety and I have found that I am much better and not dealing with this!
+Let The Word Do The Work!+

Return to “Session 7 - Assertive Behavior: Speak Confidently, Gain Respect”