dizzy in stores

Respect yourself enough to stand up for yourself; your feelings, concerns, and opinions and ask for what you want. Also, learn how to say “no” without feeling guilty
Angel Eyes

Post by Angel Eyes » Mon May 07, 2007 11:27 am

I LIKE TARGET BETTER TO GUYS!!!!!
I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE...
WELL EVER SINCE I GOT AGOROPHOBIA I DIDN'T GO SHOPPING IN A YEAR BUT WHEN I USED TO GO TARGET WAS EASIER FOR ME..... :D
DANICA

AnnetteW

Post by AnnetteW » Sat May 26, 2007 10:09 am

hello, I am so glad that am not alone in this area. I use to love shopping at walmart and would stay for hours. When I first started having these spells I thought I was maybe the only one that set out in the parking lot thinking I really can't do this. I find that if I go I am better off going during the week, vs weekends. The less croud helps somewhat. I still go in and leave as soon as possible. I have actually got to where I like to go to the dollor store if possible. I also like getting prescriptions at Walgreens, you can use the drive through or go in and out faster.
Annette

clb79

Post by clb79 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:09 pm

Yes, I get dizzy too, especially in those Super Walmart's and any of those Warehouse stores. I always say, "it's too big for me". Even Home Depot vs. Lowe's Hardware stores. And Lowe's is too big for me. I feel so uncomfortable. Those long isles and products so high. It is so overwhelming, I'm afraid I will get lost, or I can't make it back. I use to be overwhelmed in driving to work in my car. When I would see all those Semi Trucks around me I just cryed, I couldn't handle it. I couldn't see any other cars, any signs, and they were so big around me. Can anyone else relate to some of these other overwhelming things in life?

Karmerri

Post by Karmerri » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:15 pm

Can you imagine if you had to work there? That's what I think as I run out of there with all my stuff!!!

Belinda333

Post by Belinda333 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:57 pm

Amazing, once again I am not alone!!! These are great message boards! I get like this in malls also. I think it does have something to do with the lighting and big enclosed places. I have had a few spells in Walmart that I felt like I was blacking out......never had them at Target....strange!

cindylou

Post by cindylou » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:36 pm

Oh my gosh yes, I used to hate going to malls or anywhere enclosed = not in my "safe zone", home.
That sneaky anxiety that just builds up until some of us end up with agoraphobia. Comes in all forms and those uneasy, dizzy , awful feelings in stores and malls are part of anxiety induced agoraphobia.
This program helped me conquer that and it's so nice, so incredibly awesome, to go shopping now, anywhere, comfortably.
Keep working on the program!!!!!!!It works :)

StacyD

Post by StacyD » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:00 am

WOW! I thought I was the only one who felt
"funky" in stores!!! It helps to know I am not alone! Thanks everyone for their honesty. Together we will get through it!

farmchick

Post by farmchick » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:18 am

Kinda makes you wonder when you pass someone in the aisle if they feel like you do?!?!!? Maybe someone should do a Wal-Mart survey someday. Hee hee.

My dizziness in stores has gotten much better since the program. Yay!

cole2458

Post by cole2458 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:57 pm

does anyone have a costco/price club or sam's club or bj's wholesale near them...cause boy do those stores make me freak! they are always so crowded that i feel like there just isn't enough air in the space for all of us! and i can barely stand home depot-i'm terrified that the shelves will break and there will be an avalanche in which i will be pummelled by wood or paint cans.
but i like walmart...and target :)
...and right when she thought the world was ending, the catepillar became a beautiful butterfly...

Joseph wiliams

Post by Joseph wiliams » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:48 am

I am so proud to hear that im not the only one that feels this way about stores........

Return to “Session 7 - Assertive Behavior: Speak Confidently, Gain Respect”