24 hour break?

You can get EXACTLY what you want out of most any situation if you only think before you react. After building these skills, your anger will work FOR you instead of against you.
Prv31Mom

Post by Prv31Mom » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:27 am

I have just watched the coaching video on Session 6 this morning. Lucinda says to take a 24 hour break to sort of (paraphrasing) decide if your anger is justified and productive.

My problem is that I get angry over such little things that 24 hours would be pointless...I guess so is my anger.

It's not explosive or anything - it's more like that "look" I give my husband when he leaves glasses all around his recliner and the newspaper wadded up on the floor and just walks into the bedroom and gets in bed - not turning lights off or letting the dog out or anything. I tend to feel the victim and get pouty-angry.

Like when he says, "What's wrong?" And we all know what my answer is..."NOTHING."

I just wonder how I'm supposed to deal with all of the stupid little things that I get angry about every day.

Thanks,
Dawn

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:46 am

what i would do if i was you is tell him honey would you mind picking up the glasses before you go to bed..sometimes we have to help others that are not helping us at all..i have the same problem with my other as well sometimes and i ask and its done. not that it will happen all the time but its a start...having panic and anxiety is not easy and you can do it..
hit the problem head on that way it will not make you blow up and blow a gasket..just a phrase i had or a thought. take care and hang in there..know that you are in our thoughts and prayers and GOD BLESS..
DON
know that we are only human and we do make mistakes...

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:31 am

Thanks *D* - I really appreciate the feedback and I'll give it a try this evening!

God bless!

Dawn

Return to “Session 6 - Stop Being Angry and Control Your Mood Swings”