Session 6 - anger when i drive

You can get EXACTLY what you want out of most any situation if you only think before you react. After building these skills, your anger will work FOR you instead of against you.
K&ML

Post by K&ML » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:28 am

Seems like every time i go out of the house to go anywhere, i end up very angry at other drivers. it's not a road rage thing, i don't hunt them down or follow them or anything, just yell (window up) but no middle fingers (i rasberry them instead). always seems to be when someone's either going very slowly or is doing something dangerous like pulling out in front of someone, speeding, no turn signal. that's my biggest anger source. also have noticed it's more women and elderly drivers. i try to let it go but this is something that's very difficult for me. i wonder if it's because i feel they are putting me and others in danger. any suggestions?

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:37 am

hello anger when i drive: I know what you mean about this; I have noticed that I don't have this problem on the interstate but I do driving around town. Two days ago a male driver cut in front of me very dangerously and unnecessarily; there were three women in the car with him. I became angry because I felt that he was putting the passengers in danger. Also it was evident that he was yelling at them. I followed him until the next red light where I turned left. I was very angry because he was putting them in danger and also me by his reckless driving. So . . . what is the best way for dealing with this? I don't know - probably I should have called the police on my cell phone noting the license number. What do you think?
Other times I seem to be more patient - purposely thinking that the other driver is having a rough day, maybe an emergency, or a sick child. This helps me to avoid negative thoughts and feelings - if I pray for them, then I eliminate all negativity.
I am surprised at how much anger I do have in general - I plan to take 2 to 3 weeks on this lesson..

Return to “Session 6 - Stop Being Angry and Control Your Mood Swings”