Empowering Group Program Run-through part6

You can get EXACTLY what you want out of most any situation if you only think before you react. After building these skills, your anger will work FOR you instead of against you.
THH

Re: Empowering Group Program Run-through part6

Post by THH » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:05 pm

Maplelane,
You did so good. Be proud. I hope you had enough fun that it will sow a seed for your next trip. It always feels so good when one makes such a effort and has big pay offs. With meds or with out, the message is doing something you want and enjoying it with out the fear of anxiety. All the thoughts that come with anxiety. Practice feeling the comfort. This is hard at times. I think we like to think of all the bad things that can happen and prepare, but what about all the good things we can prepare for too? Seams much harder...for now. We will all get better as we get used to the idea that life IS good! :)

Mike,
Love your pictures. You are so in tune to finding art to express yourself and to others. It is a gift. I am a visual learner too. Audio is ok but I really learn better by seeing.
Sounds like you are seeing anger a little different this time too. I have not read all the post yet but will soon.

Forever Young,
Thank you, and I'm glad your enjoying some time with the kids making candy! Hope your dog is better too, gets a good report from the vet. :)
It is a busy time of the year. Really we are all doing very well in spite of all of our challenges. :)

THH

Post by THH » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:06 pm

Coach Chris,
Thanks for your 2 cents! Very insightful :)

Ninjafrodo2

Post by Ninjafrodo2 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:11 pm

Sounds like someone else faced one of her fears! I'm talking about you THH. I know how being sick can cause you anxiety but you got through it. When reading your post when came to mind was mainly expectations.

You had mentioned before that when you feel feeling upset you'd expect people to come and ask you what is wrong and to make things better and it seems like you getting sick and people not asking is the same thing only instead of your feelings being hurt, you are physically hurt.

I also see the expectation of doing the same ammount of work you normally do when you are sick and pushing yourself to do it when your body wants you to take care of it.

Then the expectation that you shouldn't get sick so close to the holidays...ain't nobody got time for that;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cT_Ulmcrys (I totally had to post that video hahahaha)

Its great that you allowed the sickness and took better care of yourself and got the insights with the inner anger. Alot of my anger is inner anger actually...stuff I don't express.

The thinking more about it, well you have all the time in the world to do that :) growing is a process and it could take awhile but you just opened a whole new world up...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kl4hJ4j48s (Another one I couldn't help myself with :P)

I love my pictures too and thank you! I'm following my gut and actually its taken alot of time collecting these pictures to really open me up to my creativity and actually to my intuition too...the ideas come alot easier now because of this :) and it can with you too by looking at these pictures. I'm still working on several pictures and projects at the moment.

Mike

Ninjafrodo2

Post by Ninjafrodo2 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:37 pm

Oh and one more thing THH, if you think the nickle thing is crazy...you should see some of the things that I do, some of them are far more crazy then your nickel thing! If only you knew :P

THH

Post by THH » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:49 am

Mike:
I LOVE YOU!!! :D
The first link was a hoot! Perfect timing...

My husband is now sick, and Christmas party coming near. I'm better but not right yet. I hope by Friday to go out and get some food. I have the gang here for the eve. I stress under normal times but being sick I actually was thinking of postponing it. After thinking about it, I will plan on the usual time unless I feel really worse. I figure I will drag out my anxiety by setting a new date. Get R Done!
I moved in my planning stage. Make everything SUPER easy. I seen a video on making ham in a crock pot. I may give this idea some life.

The second link was great too!!! I would love to go on a carpet ride. Fly right out of here now! LOL...I love cartoon movies. Maybe I will find one to watch for Christmas. They are so soothing and magical. I want to watch one now. :D
I want to live there ~

LOL...well Mike, what ever works! I really got something out of the nickel thingie so as long as you get something out of it, who cares how crazy it seams to someone else! :)

Yep...I had a big surprise. Who would think that sickness was so many expectations!
Yep yep & yep!

Ninjafrodo2

Post by Ninjafrodo2 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:36 pm

:D I'm really glad you liked that and it is interesting how I didn't hold myself back and how my actions were appreciated and thoroughly enjoyed. I'm starting to see that those times when I actually do what I truely want to do when I feel deeply that its a great idea, I get the best responses and I feel the most alive...I only realized that because you said You loved me after I posted those videos THH...thank you for being apart of this realization.

And with life the thing that I do is, I see every difficult situation as a teacher with a lesson in there or a practice opportunity.

Mike

THH

Post by THH » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:35 pm

Mike you were on spot with the video. I was feeling poor me, and that video cheered me up and made me see what a baby I was being. It was funny, and I appreciated the humor! I was inside myself feeling so crummy and bam...got out of that mood quick.
I needed that. :D

Glad to have helped! :mrgreen:

forever young 06

Post by forever young 06 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:05 am

THH glad you are feeling better. wow the flu that is a big one but hey you survived. my son in law has strep so he is not able to be around the kids. I hope everyone gets well by the holidays but hey we don't need to put more stress on ourselves. acceptance is the thing don't fight just accept. I am glad you were able to get thru with all your anxiety. I have felt a little down lately myself and I don't like that. I had a weak spell Wednesday and later I felt a little depressed also I was hoping I wouldn't get depressed this Christmas as I usually do so I am going to work on this also. I have found I also have internal anger I get angery at myself why am I allowing my self to feel this way so I didn't see. that you saying that made me realize I am doing that too.

THH

Post by THH » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:24 pm

Forever Young,
Thanks. I hope your son in law is feeling better now too. Usually a few days on antib. help with that one.
Acceptance is a big one for me. Rather than fight it. When I really just accept it I do better.

Oh me too, with the anger, why do I allow myself to do this? I have been up and down too. I think it is natural to get depressed at times. For some reason we must have a belief that Christmas is always happy and we should be happy too. I sometimes can help myself by thinking of gratitude. Enjoying the moment and being thankful. Sometimes I just have trouble getting out of the funk. I hope we all feel better and have a peaceful day!

Return to “Session 6 - Stop Being Angry and Control Your Mood Swings”