I'm a different person.

You can get EXACTLY what you want out of most any situation if you only think before you react. After building these skills, your anger will work FOR you instead of against you.
Scylla

I'm a different person.

Post by Scylla » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:21 pm

I just realized in listening to Session 6 that I'm no longer the angry person I used to be. I was once manic, angry, and ranted a lot. Now I'm a calmer person who doesn't rant and rave. I have learned assertive behavior. I'm really not who I used to be. This is my second time going through the program. I need to go through the program again to see what I've learned because I still experience anxiety due to general medical conditions like hypothyroidism, type 1 diabetes and bipolar. I'm not going to my Emotions Anonymous group tonight because the church will be crazy. They are having a carnival. I'd rather avoid getting into an accident. I want to go to group just not right now. Monday I'll go. Its in another town. I have to say that the first time I went through the program I don't know if I made an effort like this time. I have worked to change my eating habits for example. I have lost forty lbs. in a year. I weighed 100 lbs. at the endo. In which case, I have improved tremendously.

coachchris

Re: I'm a different person.

Post by coachchris » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:33 pm

Hooray for you! It's great to hear you celebrating the changes you have made. You sound like a determined person who is building a lot of emotional muscle. I loved learning about "I" messages and that underneath most anger is fear. All of this helped me to un-layer a lot of my emotions and I gave myself permission to express them. Even though I did have a bit more adrenalin it felt good to have a healthy voice. This takes practice and patience.

Keep us posted. We are here to help.
Coach Chris StressCenter.com

Return to “Session 6 - Stop Being Angry and Control Your Mood Swings”