Walked away when I could have snapped or exploded with anger

You can get EXACTLY what you want out of most any situation if you only think before you react. After building these skills, your anger will work FOR you instead of against you.
DannyC

Walked away when I could have snapped or exploded with anger

Post by DannyC » Thu May 16, 2013 5:52 pm

I had a perfect practice situation this week where I was playing basketball at the park and we were playing 5 against 5. The game was getting close near to the end where I had gotten a rebound but at the same time one of my shoes got stepped on and my shoe came off at the same time. I had the ball but I had only one shoe now you would think people would be good sports and allow for me to put my shoe back on and continue but the guy that was defending me picked up my shoe and threw it far away as to keep playing and whatever, I took off my other shoe accepting his challenge, shot the ball, missed, then picked up my shoes, put them on and finished the game after losing. Oh we'll but the thing is that I stopped and took 10 seconds to think. I'm a slim person so I might have been scared but I thought for what would I get angry for? I kept my cool. The guy apologized after the game. I let it DISOLVE.
When you feel a surge of anger coming, Take 10 seconds or 24 hours to think if you want to RESOLVE or DISOLVE.
Danny C.

randy c.

Re: Walked away when I could have snapped or exploded with a

Post by randy c. » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:20 am

Danny, it sounds like you made the right decision and got an apology to boot. Look at all the anxiety you avoided by using your skills. Thats gotta make you feel good. 8-)

deb123

Re: Walked away when I could have snapped or exploded with a

Post by deb123 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:06 am

You did great!
I'm on this session and it's hard for me not to snap or feel angry. I usually turn it inward. So thanks for your example.

Return to “Session 6 - Stop Being Angry and Control Your Mood Swings”