SO ANGRY

You can get EXACTLY what you want out of most any situation if you only think before you react. After building these skills, your anger will work FOR you instead of against you.
feelingbetter01

SO ANGRY

Post by feelingbetter01 » Wed May 08, 2013 11:40 am

I have a short fuse and am bothered by everything. It resonates with me that people with anxiety and depression don't feel well and in return have short tempers. That makes a lot of sense. The way people "are", infuriates me. The way in which "life is not fair", infuriates me. The fact that I have anxiety and depression infuriates me.

I can now see the illusion in all this. Anger seems to bring me power when I feel powerless. It brings me control when I'm out of control. But it's a lie. I am never powerless or out of control, I only feel that way. So the anger is only telling others that I am insecure. It gains no respect or resolution. I trusted that my anger was my assertiveness without knowing the difference.

Now I tell myself that yelling is like cursing and being angry is being afraid. It's completely counterproductive. It's reactionary and I know that to resolve an issue, it makes more sense to remain calm in order to truly see what's bothering me. I will try to stop being defensive so I can stop impulsively reacting with anger.

Return to “Session 6 - Stop Being Angry and Control Your Mood Swings”