Anyone else had sister problems (or the like) that could off

You can get EXACTLY what you want out of most any situation if you only think before you react. After building these skills, your anger will work FOR you instead of against you.
darlingirl

Anyone else had sister problems (or the like) that could off

Post by darlingirl » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:49 pm

Hey guys! I am having trouble with my sister. She won't forgive me,
dispises me and acts hatefully towards me.
I stand in one room and she'll go to another. She doesn't even want to look at me
or stand around me. I have tried to work things out with her, but she is unwilling.
I do practice being assertive, but I find that I am still living in an emotionally abusive
house. We live in the same house and
I am trying to get work steady enough to move out, but in the mean time I am
having pannic attacks and it is destroying me. I don't have any sister's close in age, so I have
never experienced this before. I have got along with other siblings much better.
Anyone else had sister problems (or the like) that could offer advice? I am praying about it, but
I want to reach out too, so that I can get the help that I need.
The good news is that I have been able to be off my medication for 2 1/2 months and do have the skills to help
me through this...just not alone!
I am so glad to be apart of this site!
Cristin

Iwillbebetter

Re: Anyone else had sister problems (or the like) that could

Post by Iwillbebetter » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:52 pm

I am sorry to hear of your situation!! That can be such a hard thing to deal with, espeically family and having to still live with her.
Maybe (not realizing it) but maybe she keeps holding on to the anger because of the control it has over you.... Maybe as hard as it may be, maybe letting go will help her to let go? (I hope that makes as much sense as it did in my head) Use your positive self talk to not let it "get to you" to much. I'm sure you are a wonderful person. remembering that ourselves is not always as easy!!
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:07 pm

Cristin: Welcome to the site !

My sister is ten years older than I am, so she is more like a mother figure to me, or a caretaker.
She has always included me in her life and I am eternally grateful for that. I come from a small
family and without her I would have nothing. We are both older now and with age comes wisdom.
Our relationship is far from perfect and we have much to improve on, as all family members do.

Working on moving out of the household may be the best thing for you. I don't know your situation,
but sometimes things improve when we are looking at them from the outside looking in. Your
relationship with your sister may get better as you blossom and grow stronger, gaining the confidence
you need to succeed. Keep up the great work on the program !

FROM SESSION TEN.................

" I deserve to be happy, to feel content. I have a right to go after the things I want in life.
I will achieve them".

Lynda

darlingirl

Post by darlingirl » Thu May 03, 2012 11:53 am

Hi Lynda,
hey, thanks for the encouragement! Sorry to take so long to respond. I have this connect to to an email I have
not been in the habit of checking. I have been doing the best I can to take care of myself and get the help I need. I maybe a while before I move out yet, but I still think that lots can be done to improve the situation. At least on my side. :)
Thanks again!
Cristin

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Mon May 07, 2012 5:32 pm

darlingirl wrote:Hi Lynda,
hey, thanks for the encouragement! Sorry to take so long to respond. I have this connect to to an email I have
not been in the habit of checking. I have been doing the best I can to take care of myself and get the help I need. I maybe a while before I move out yet, but I still think that lots can be done to improve the situation. At least on my side. :)
Thanks again!
Cristin
It sounds like you are on the right track !
Keep In Touch and Stay Strong,
Lynda :)

Roperoo

Post by Roperoo » Thu May 31, 2012 12:08 pm

I am an only child, but my mom and I fight like we are sisters! And when we do get into large fights, our fights last quite awhile. We avoid each other and then eventually we decide we are being silly and talk it out. Maybe you could start by writing her a letter and leaving it in a place she would find it express your feelings and tell her how this is making you feel.
That is what I have found works best for me in my situation. Good luck! And remember you are not alone! :)

Return to “Session 6 - Stop Being Angry and Control Your Mood Swings”