Anyone on session 6

You can get EXACTLY what you want out of most any situation if you only think before you react. After building these skills, your anger will work FOR you instead of against you.
LyndaLu

Re: Anyone on session 6

Post by LyndaLu » Sat May 05, 2012 4:56 pm

Dixiesmom wrote:Lynda,
Hope all is well. Have you marked any positive anniversaries?
Dear Dixiesmom:

My postive anniversaries right now are going to be the birthdays and anniversaries in my family, especially the
birthdays of my two great-nieces. One of my great-nieces just turned 5 years old on April 30th and my other great-
niece turns 7 years old on May 16th. Some other postive "anniversaries" will be Mother's Day, May 13th. My birthday
on May 26th. My sister's 40th wedding anniversary on June 17th.

Don't be down on yourself about working on Session 6, it will all work out for you. You probably have gotten more
out of the session than you think you have. As long as you continue to work on it, there is no reason not to
move on to Session 7. As Lucinda says : it is a PROCESS.

Lynda

Roperoo

Post by Roperoo » Thu May 31, 2012 12:14 pm

This is my fourth day on session six! I am learning alot about my self with this session! I have noticed that I get angry at silly things! Especially since I have gotten married! I get so frusterated at the silly little things that my husband does, they build and build and then I explode! He claims to be joking once I get mad, and then it makes me even more angry! But I am now learning that I can control this! And that I can make my own choices on what makes me angry and upset, and that I don't need to sweat the small stuff. I feel that with this one I am going to take a second week on! :)

Dixiesmom

Post by Dixiesmom » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:30 pm

Well, I totally didn't do what I should have with regards to this session. I have a continous problem with dental insurance denying both of my sons dental procedures. After dealing with this for over a year, and yet another thing denied, I totally lost it with a representative of the insurance company. I knew it wouldn't make any difference anyway because she couldn't change the denial, that would be up to someone else. So, knowing she couldn't do anything didn't help with anger and impatience.
I did do better today. I called and remained calm talking to a supervisor. And, while nothing changed on their end, I changed on my reaction. I will appeal their decision, as I repeatedly do, and I am sure it will either be approved or I will receive a discount.

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:48 pm

Yeah, I recently had some anger issues with the management at my apartment complex.
I had ants in my apartment ! Little black ants. I just woke up one morning and I noticed the
ants. This pissed me off because my apartment has been bug free since I moved in here over
two years ago. The ants were coming out of a small hole in the floorboard near the kitchen,
but the ants were not going toward the kitchen, they were in the livingroom. They were
crawling on me while I was sitting on my loveseat. I am not an angry kind of person at all.
I am normally subdued, if anything. But when I had to continue to speak over and over again on the phone
to the management team about the ant problem, my voice started to escalate and I started to get
mad at them. They were telling me that I may have to wait a couple of days to have the
exterminators come out to take care of the ants ! Two days, SAY WHAT ! After more than
one phone call to them and after having a partially heated arguement with the staff the
exterminators finally did show up THAT SAME DAY to take care of the problem. Thank God.
I am now ANT FREE. I am hoping that any future issues that I must take up with the apartment
complex management team will be more successfull, and less stressfull !

Lynda

Return to “Session 6 - Stop Being Angry and Control Your Mood Swings”