Issues with relatives

You can get EXACTLY what you want out of most any situation if you only think before you react. After building these skills, your anger will work FOR you instead of against you.
SergioMart

Issues with relatives

Post by SergioMart » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:24 pm

I have a brother, who is 17, 3 years young than I and he too has these episodes of random anger. He won't accept help at all and throws the biggest hissy fits. It got out of control last week when he started cursing out my mother, and I as the eldest boy couldn't just sit there. We then got into a physical altercation, after he started to laugh and what not like it was a joke to him. He was then kicked out of the house (In Texas 17 is the legal 'kick out' age) in the end he came crawling back. But it's too late for me, I have been traumatized, I've never been in that situation before and I never want to be in it again. I am paying for it now, for a full week I have been having nonstop physical panic attacks (my chest and stomach) and they won't go away. The attacks usually happen majorly at night before I go to sleep. Saw a psychiatrist and he reassured me of all my negative thoughts were just....well thoughts and they won't harm me. But the point being I can't even talk or look at my brother the same, he still acts like a child and I'm just so anxious that this situation will happen again....

Return to “Session 6 - Stop Being Angry and Control Your Mood Swings”