Depression and anger

You can get EXACTLY what you want out of most any situation if you only think before you react. After building these skills, your anger will work FOR you instead of against you.
AvaMarie

Depression and anger

Post by AvaMarie » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:43 pm

I just began cd 6. I did well through the first 5. I haven't had a panic attack since May 18 and I have been able to calm my anxiety with positive self talk. But I have found the depression is back and I have not been able to "positive self talk" myself out of it. I am feeling so negative today and scared that I am regressing rather than progressing.

couturesugar

Re: Depression and anger

Post by couturesugar » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:22 am

This is often one of my negative thoughts as well and it can be very depressing. I tell myself the truth which in this case is something like: progress isn't linear, sometimes it's forward and other times you stagnate but you're progressing because you're trying and you will get better. Also, realize that you can allow yourself to have a bad day. One bad/depressing day doesn't mean that you've regressed and are starting over. From the sound of it you're doing great.. keep at it!

AvaMarie

Post by AvaMarie » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:20 am

Thank you for your response. I am feeling much better today and positive. I need to relax and float with the feelings. I have to remind myself that recovery is a process and patience is important.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:10 pm

This is a good post! It is so true...we are progressing...even if we have some bad days. ;) Paislee :mrgreen:

Return to “Session 6 - Stop Being Angry and Control Your Mood Swings”