My goal for anger

You can get EXACTLY what you want out of most any situation if you only think before you react. After building these skills, your anger will work FOR you instead of against you.
mramirez10

My goal for anger

Post by mramirez10 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:07 pm

I find that I get the most upset most offten with my children. They know how to push my buttons. Sometimes it seems they won't listen or pay attention unless I yell. I get real frustrated when they won't or don't listen, or do what I ask. My goal for this week is to not over react or get mad when they do something that makes me angry. I'm going to try counting to 10 and breathing. I don't think waiting 24hrs will work when dealing with my kids. I know this will be hard because I'm one that reacts fast. But I can improve. I also noticed that I take it out on my kids when I'm mad at someone or something else. I also get mad at them if I'm overwhelmed. So for the rest of this week it is my goal to not yell. We'll see how it goes.

Paisleegreen

Re: My goal for anger

Post by Paisleegreen » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:17 pm

Here's wishing you Good Luck! Sometimes kids have to be told what needs to be done, and follow through or they just don't know what to do. Their minds are focused on little things and don't think grow up stuff is important. You can do it! ;) Paislee :mrgreen:

mramirez10

Re: My goal for anger

Post by mramirez10 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:59 pm

I meant to follow up last week. It has been a while since I've gotten on here. I did pretty good last week at not yelling. I wasn't perfect, but huge improvement. I learned and payed more attention to what really sets me off. I think I learned a lot about myself this week. Just by paying closer attention to what makes me angry I was able to note it and be less affected by it. I was proud of my self.

Return to “Session 6 - Stop Being Angry and Control Your Mood Swings”