Angry with how I feel

You can get EXACTLY what you want out of most any situation if you only think before you react. After building these skills, your anger will work FOR you instead of against you.
Katie_Lee18

Post by Katie_Lee18 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:32 am

Lately I've been so angry, been a very bitter person. I hate that, and I don't want to feel that way. But there are things that are making me really angry..
there's a guy I liked for a month and he told me he didn't want a relationship. It hurt me a lot, and instead of acting depressed the whole time, I just put up a guard and yelled at him through text and just acted like a very angry person. I still act bitter toward him, or if he's brought up at all. I want to be able to just get over him, it wasn't that serious, but it just hurts and I'm not good at letting things go.
Also, I'm angry because I'm sick of anxiety. I'm sick of not feeling normal. I'm sick of having to take a pill every single day because there's at least one point in the day where I'm on the verge of having a panic attack because I feel like I can't breathe or something's wrong with me. I'm sick of it! It's so aggrivating, and at 19, I feel like I don't deserve to feel this way. Am I wrong? What should I do? Anger is not a good mood that I can deal with easily.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:40 am

Katie - 1st let me say congratulations!! It's hard to admit to what you are admitting to! So good for you!

I think what you are more hurt/angry about w/this guy is the rejection it's self. No one feels good when they feel they have been rejected. Try not taking it so personally. (I know this is easier said that done)

Do you have this program? I think it could help you a lot with this.

Good luck! :)

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:20 am

Yes I've been doing the program I'm on session 7, I just feel like I'm not right in tune with it. I still feel anxiety every single day, and it's so old. and I'm so sick of it :/

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:32 am

I'm going into 7. I know for me personally I felt like that a lot, until just a week or two ago. In evaluating things, I guess I had a few issues. 1st is I didn't think I was making the progress I expected to - that brought me down...
but there it is - expectations.... I need to stop putting a time frame on it. I will get better in time. It will take time, but I can do it.

2nd was my negativity. I'm to far gone for this to help. I can't do this, it's to much work. Maybe I'll be like this forever etc.... - there it was negativity... if I keep telling myself it's not going to work, or I can't do it - then that's what I'll get...

I could go on and on - what I'm getting at is I had to finally tell myself that I'm doing it. It's going to take time and patience, but I will do it. anytime I revert to any other thinking I remind myself of where I was and where I am. It might not be as much of a change as I wanted, but it is change and that's the point of it all!! so even if it's happening slower than I wanted - it's happening...

Don't be so hard on yourself. ALWAYS reward even the littlest of things.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:36 am

another issue I had - was perfectionism. I was having trouble w/the program at 1st - because I wanted to do each session perfect before moving on. How unrealistic is that. I've learned that with most sessions we will have to continue to work on previous ones even while moving on to the next!!

I know how hard it can seem. I know how hard the struggles can be with our thoughts!! I'm learning that my thoughts are the MAIN thing that bring me down... I would suggest really focusing on those and changing them!! :)

Return to “Session 6 - Stop Being Angry and Control Your Mood Swings”