The Challenge...Lesson 6

You can get EXACTLY what you want out of most any situation if you only think before you react. After building these skills, your anger will work FOR you instead of against you.
THH

Post by THH » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:20 pm

Mike,
It was a fun weekend!
I hope you had one too. ;)
Try not to worry about hurting another persons feelings through rejection. Who can say how they may react? And if your going about it in a kind sincere way there mostly likely won't be horrible feelings.
There should not be alot of guilt as you can still be friends and you do have to do what you feel is right for you. I have learned not to burn bridges, cut things right out of my life, Black or white thinking. Instead ask where you want to go and what kind of relationship do you want from this person. Adjust from there. ;)

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:52 am

THH;

I have no idea when it comes to water filtration or anything like that, one of the areas I don't know anything.

ha talked over your head for a few minutes but it sounded good. Was it pathology type stuff? I'm wondering if I might understand what he said cuz of my training.

Great learning experience!

Your right I do not know how people are going to react but I can only know my past reactions and I can only really go on that which is not reality. Not everybody has the same support system as I had or lack of. Sounds like good advice. I tend not to burn bridges either because you don't know if you'll need to cross those bridges some day and its easier to cross already built bridges instead of trying to construct them all from scratch again especially if there is a big pile of poop in the way.

Mike
Here is the link to the Letting Go thread which is designated for venting
http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 52&t=25087

You can follow me on Twitter, same username or check out my blog

http://ninjafrodo.blogspot.com/

THH

Post by THH » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:02 pm

Mike,
Yea he was talking chemistry, he had my water report and was figuring ion exchange, mumbling positive, negative. Which meant I was going to get either potassium or salt.
Then he was reading #s from our past blood draws. I think it was to do with kidney function, and we both were in the normal range last year.

LOL... on the big pile of poop in the way! You got that right.
:D Seams there is always that! LOL... :D

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:18 pm

Ah yeah Potassium and sodium are electrolytes which are needed for electrical impulses to send messages from the brain to the rest of the body. The potassium (K on the element table) I think is negative where as the sodium (Na) is positive.

I was hoping that would get a chuckle out of you.

Mike
Here is the link to the Letting Go thread which is designated for venting
http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 52&t=25087

You can follow me on Twitter, same username or check out my blog

http://ninjafrodo.blogspot.com/

THH

Post by THH » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:24 pm

:D :D :D

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:42 am

I just started reading more on this thread. Good job using less white sugar or was it white flour and sugar. I like the explanation of Potassium and Salt. I appreciate your comments as I have two email free lessons that didn't get saved or read enough before it disappeared! One on anger...so I really feel bad that I didn't get that read.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:04 am

After reading more on this thread, which I really enjoyed everyone's comments. All of them I can relate to. Just wanted to share a story about anger my Aunt told me on my last visit to her, she is about 90 years old now.

When she was a young housewife, her DH and her had chosen a car to buy together. Well, when he arrived home with the car, she had to get to a college class, he was not driving the car they picked out together. She was very upset over this.

Anyway, she hopped into the car and drove away to her class. After class was over, she realized that she didn't know what this car looked like or what kind it was. She had been so angry at DH. So her anger and pride would not let her call him up to find out what the car looked like so she just waited until everyone left the parking lot and the only car left she went over and put her key into it and it opened! So that is how she got home and didn't have to call her husband.

We had a good chuckle over that story. And it was a good lesson. :)

mcshope

Post by mcshope » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:00 am

Paisleegreen,
That is a good story. Thanks for sharing.
Hope
"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, it empties today of its strength." – Unknown

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:19 am

I have been thinking on what you mentioned of anxiety being an outlet for anger. I know that depression is anger turned against oneself, anxiety is not far away from depression, so it could apply too.

I'm with you, getting angry was a "no no" growing up. I tend to be extremely sensitive, and when I am mad I cry.

I would not express anger towards someone, however I need to learn to be assertive and express my feelings.

You did good going to the office, I guess we all have good days and not so good days. I understand that it was not pleasant, however you did what you had to do despiteof the discomfort. You did good. Smiler

You are an inspiration. Wink

Hope
Hope, I hope this post on pg 7. Still learning the ropes here! :) I'm with you on this anger thing too. So I have been expressing myself more, but always work on the pros and cons of expressing myself. When I got upset w/ my adult son over something he said, it got blown out of proportion, because he has anger problems and I was on my Remeron late at night and said things that I probably would have censored, although they needed to be said, because he was trying to control my space.

So because what I said hurt his feelings, then DH was angry and hurt my feelings and then I was silent and went away for a week. But after I had a chance to talk to my Psychologist.

Then I got Lucinda's intro CD and the rest is history. A new beginning of meeting nice people like all of you here. This website is really helping me w/my anxiety and frustration. Thanks to all of you here!

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:43 pm

I've been able to listen to Lesson 6. It was quite helpful. I haven't finished it, but one part stuck out was that men don't think like women. So don't expect them to. Also, that made me remember something on Dr OZ and why men won't stop and ask directions. It is because their brains are different and can't multi-task. It is harder for them to stop thinking of one thing to make the change the thinking pattern to stop and ask direction. That would take a different thinking process.

I thought that was interesting. What do you all think?

Return to “Session 6 - Stop Being Angry and Control Your Mood Swings”