LIKING YOUR LIFE!!!

You can get EXACTLY what you want out of most any situation if you only think before you react. After building these skills, your anger will work FOR you instead of against you.
cream cheese

Post by cream cheese » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:34 pm

Seek out what you LIKE about your life more.....its the best thing to uplift you, pick something out of your personality that is a good thing, that people admire, that people complement you on.....it really LIFTS UP THE SPIRITS...and then RETURN THE FAVOR TO THAT PERSON with a complement....it really really helps alot of people!!!!!!

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:41 am

I agree! :)

creamcheesepuff

Post by creamcheesepuff » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:12 pm

Paisley.....I am happy for you....do you have anything that you really like about yourself that you do or that people complement you on?
Its tough to pinpoint these things in everyday life....but when I am down or just stressed, and there is a person who just says something really nice to me or complements me or just does anything good or nice, its so refreshing. I try to be this way. Smile at people, let someone go first on line at the grocery store, waving someone to go at a stop sign. just little things that will make someone else happier and in turn in reciprocates around to others resulting in a circle of goodness ....its just so nice that this can happen....we just need more people to try to do one thing for someone every day, no matter how small and then it comes back to you!!!!!

creamcheesepuff

Post by creamcheesepuff » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:13 pm

ps....I am creamcheesepuff and creamcheese. I had to open up another account because I had trouble getting onto the site once. creamcheese

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:53 pm

Hi CreamCheese, Yes, I do all what you posted! :)
Yep, I knew you were the same person. ;) I get compliments, but more when I'm out and about. My family members lately haven't been doing that. I mean immediate members. Sometimes it is in their tone of voice or their look that is upsetting due to passed events.

More so because we are so involved in eachother's lives due to owning a business and my children work for us as well as DH. So there isn't any separation. So that means our house and yard has been part of this business for almost 20 years.

My late son was going to be a part of it, so that always saddens us a bit. But we know he is better off where he is. And then my father tried to be a part of it in the worst way. So there are so many connections and I tried to live my life the best I could focused on my children's schooling, etc. and I immersed myself in my gardens and pets.

So that is what is so hard right now is that the changes that are going on or have happened has affected me in my mothering, pet keeping and gardening. DH is losing part of himself to the younger generation and so he is home more and really doesn't know what to do with himself.

So we are colliding, I guess, or he is getting on my nerves! LOL! I've had to always yield to what is best for the business and not for me.

I started doing more service work and being around positive people who are basically happy and when I return I don't want to be in the same rut we've been in. Me growing and DH doing the same old stuff, or behaving the same old way. Does this make any sense, because it sure has started to open my eyes as to what has been happening.

So I guess this is causing friction because I'm not going to be the same person and I'm not the same person. I pretty much have lost a son, a dog, many of my special pond fish, plants, space, parents, and youth. So I've pretty much been stripped of my happiness as I once knew it. My children are young adults and they don't want to listen to me anymore and our interests aren't always going to be the same.

So now I have to start a new life, so to speak w/ spouse that is set in his ways or is dependent on me for much of his social life. I'm the outgoing one, he is more quiet and if it weren't for me on trips or anything, he would just stay in and watch TV.

That is the dilemma, is that I would like to travel and do things like we use to before our son died. I have be traveling, but it would be nicer to have a companion that is interested.

I guess this is what we'll work out w/ the DR. So since traveling isn't always an option, I guess I will work at finding happiness in dejunking my house and write my life history, and scrapbook our family's photos that took a backseat after my son died and my parents followed.

I just have to be patient, as I use to be able to do these things a bit faster and had hope and look forward to the future. Since my panic attack and situation w/ my younest adult child, I lost all confidence on my plans for the future and got really scared of what might happen. So I guess that is why I'm here, is to get back my confidence in myself and work on my talents again and focus on helping others.

Thanks for letting me vent and figure this out by your excellent questions. Paislee :)

Bob-o Bingo

Post by Bob-o Bingo » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:52 pm

Originally posted by creamcheesepuff:
ps....I am creamcheesepuff and creamcheese. I had to open up another account because I had trouble getting onto the site once. creamcheese
Wow... you can actually talk to yourself! I hope that doesn't get you into an argument, or maybe make you go crazy.

Meee? I'm just gonna stick with my Ludwig Van Beethoven pix. We're close enough to being the same person.

Return to “Session 6 - Stop Being Angry and Control Your Mood Swings”