I did it again

You can get EXACTLY what you want out of most any situation if you only think before you react. After building these skills, your anger will work FOR you instead of against you.
MegStar311

Post by MegStar311 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:44 am

I am starting to realize just how angry I've been for almost the whole past decade. I get angry because things don't always go my way, and I'm super angry at myself now because I'm losing the man I love over my disorder. I feel defective. I'm angry and scared that I may be destined to be alone which is the last thing that I want. However, I just can't seem to stop taking out my fears and anger on my husband, and I can't stop feeling guilty.

MegStar311

Post by MegStar311 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:25 am

I noticed a lot of negativity in this post, a lot of "I can't". I am just lost right now, and I am trying to take the time that I need to rest, but I'm struggling with the fact that I put myself in a situation that I never want to be in again.

Dominick

Post by Dominick » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:35 pm

I did the same thing you did. Everytime i got angry no matter what the situation was or who it was about I always took it out on my wife for years. Somehow she has stuck with me through all of this. What helped me overcome this anger was session 3 positive self talk. I learned to change my negative thinking that caused me to get angry to positive thinking which has calmed my anger down. Don't get me wrong I still get angry once and a while but I don't take it out on my wife anymore.

darlafred

Post by darlafred » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:52 am

So did I, I was workiing on my laptop. It has been giving me trouble for over 2 years. It is a dell. Well I lost my temper and I broke my
laptop. I was so pissed at myself. I am trying to forgive myself....It only happened
yesterday. Does anyone feel like I do.

headedsouth

Post by headedsouth » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:06 am

this is hard for me, because i don't like to talk about it - rage. in my family we didn't discuss the big white elephant in the room. we (i) just ingnore and hope it goes away. well it doesn't. it just gets worse and for me has led to depression and shame. i have no contact with most of my family and friends because i don't want to get them involved. i know now i can't do it by myself, but i don't know how or where to start.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:28 am

Hi headedsouth,
Well, you have come to the right place. Is it you that has the rage or suffering from other family members with the rage. How are you doing now?

Return to “Session 6 - Stop Being Angry and Control Your Mood Swings”