Find something to love about yourself no matter how small it is.

You can get EXACTLY what you want out of most any situation if you only think before you react. After building these skills, your anger will work FOR you instead of against you.
creamcheesepuff

Post by creamcheesepuff » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:00 pm

Find one thing....one thing positive, something great about yourself everyday. No matter what it is....I complimnet myself, I say "You did a great Job Sandra" or "you can get through the toughest of situations, you always have" or you washed that car, its spectacular looking.
Anything that is positive. it really uplifts you.

THH

Post by THH » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:08 pm

Creamcheese,
Glad to see you here! I again love your picture. I loved Johnny Carson! I watched him every night. He was the king!
I also agree, I do look for a positive thing. Sometimes when I wake up in the morn, I have several negative thoughts gathering, and I catch myself, and change it to something positive then I feel so much better. I agree with Ken in the tapes, we can sabotage a day from the beginning.
It does not have to be big stuff, just positive! Good Job! ;)

creamcheese

Post by creamcheese » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:14 pm

THH, Hello again!!!! Good to hear from you again. Yes, I think as we get older we of course are dealing with more stressors and problems so we tend to hang on these things at times. I really try to PUT THAT BIG RED STOP SIGN UP when I start to go down that depressed road. Living in NJ, near NYC. is very stressful. Seems like all people want to do in life is be aggravated, annoyed, depressed or stressed!!!! I am positively through with it all. I have lived here for 54 years and its getting much worse. When I look at my new Home photos I envision myself just being nearer to Nature, God and myself. I loved gardening. I loved my little buds sprouting and nurturing them to bear fruits and veggies. I am going to return to it all. I find that alot of people on the Center focus too much on their depression and anxiety. It surfaces because we want it to. We have the power and ability to control it, its just that we get so used to it it becomes a big part of our regular lives.
Ok, my balloon is deflated. I am glad you are glad....its alot of work being happy isnt it!!!LOL!!!!

creamcheese

Post by creamcheese » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:18 pm

THH, One more thing...YES, I loved Johnny Carson too. He was a late night favorite when I was visiting my grandma down in Edgewater NJ....she would fall asleep on the couch and us kids would be watching him come on TV.....HEY OOOOOOOO.....also, I have many pics of celebs, I like Marilyn Monroe, Tina Turner, Dean Martin, and others.....they bring back some great old memories. Sandra Creamcheese.

THH

Post by THH » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:15 am

Creamcheese,
I love that fact you are invisioning yourself being nearer to Nature, God and your self! I too love to garden. I live in the country and I really enjoy all things that it brings to me. I can not see myself any other place.
I'm happy for you, it could be the best move for you?!

I agree with you we do have the power and ability to control it.

LOL... it is alot of work! LOLOL....

creamcheesepuff

Post by creamcheesepuff » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:44 pm

Thanks THH, How are you doing? I find that as I get older I am viewing things more differently and with more respect in my life. During this move I have noticed so many different feelings I am having about my past here. WOW ITS WEIRD!! Living near NYC is making it very hard. People are more aloof here, very tense, nervous. Its not pleasant anymore living here, sorry to say but as I think about my new place more I feel a calm come over me. Although, its not an intense calm that I would rather have at this point in my life. All in all, on the "TRIUMPFs part of the center post says....Life is good....you just have to seek it out. Seek and you shall find. I hope all is well with you.

THH

Post by THH » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:13 pm

Cream cheese,
I'm good. I've had a string of good days, and it feels great. Some days I can't believe how strong I feel.
I still can get stuck, and have set backs. But I am seeing a pattern of the negative self talk and how I feel. Its making more sense all the time.

Are you moved yet? It sounds like your doing well dealing with the anxiety about the move. I'm happy to hear about the calm that you are feeling, you really may like your new place so much better. I too have changed as I have gotten older. I'm all about simple these days! LOL... :)
Yes, LIFE IS GOOD!

creamcheesepuff

Post by creamcheesepuff » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:40 pm

Hello THH, I sent you a personal email, hope you get it. good to hear from you. Yes, I can relate to that negative self talk, boy it gets loud in the brain doesnt it?? My anxiety is pretty high, I am very emotional now over this move but I THINK I am accepting it. I never felt so helpless in my life.
Tell me what you do to get yourself out of that thinking, maybe its a new way for myself? Creamcheesepuff

THH

Post by THH » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:05 pm

Cream Cheese,
I did get it, I replied so it will be in your mail box.
It does get loud in the brain! LOL...

For me I have to recognize it. I have trouble when I first start it, I'm so used to it, so many things slip by me with out me catching it. When I do! I say to myself, your thinking negative thoughts, no wonder you feel bad. So I redirect and say you do not feel that great today, but make the best of it by not dwelling on every ache or pain. ( For me health anxiety is one of my worst)Get busy and I distract myself until it passes. On those days I can't get past it, I focus on tomorrow. Some days are just like that!

Forgive me but I can't remember when you move? Have you made the big move yet? It has to be getting close.

I'm hopeful for you, This move may be the best move you can do! It can be live changing in a good way! :)

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:35 am

Creamcheese, those are great thoughts. I love to garden too! I went back to SF for a visit, it just wasn't the same. It was like NYC can be, I've been there a few times in life. People are more impatient, etc. probably due to over crowding, etc. Just where I live it is growing in population. I sure miss the quiet road and darkness we use to experience before more people moved in. And to think I didn't want to move here because I consider it a hick town. :D

Return to “Session 6 - Stop Being Angry and Control Your Mood Swings”