WORDS

You can get EXACTLY what you want out of most any situation if you only think before you react. After building these skills, your anger will work FOR you instead of against you.
Dustin B

Post by Dustin B » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:24 am

I recently posted a blog on my myspace page and have received some great feedback from it. I figured it would be nice to share it also with all of you.

"Why do we let go?"

I’ve been thinking about the topic of "dreams" lately. By that I am not referring to the ones we experience when we are asleep, but instead the ones we long for and and aspire for in our waking lives. Remember when you were 5 and you said you wanted to be an astronaut when you grew up? Or when you you were 8 and the plans changed to deciding you favored being a veterinarian or a doctor of sorts instead? Or even if you’ve grown TO or PAST your teen years and finally knew what you really wanted out of life. What happened?

The real question I want to ask here, is why do some of us let these dreams pass? Where do they go? At what point in our lives did we decide, that what we once fantasized about is no longer worth a shot any longer? At one point in time our dreams/goals were the things that pushed us forward. Dreams are the things that gave us hope and allowed us to keep going when we thought we were but only running on fumes. Why do we at some point CHOOSE to settle for anything less than what at one time meant the most to us?

I’m not sure what any of you believe, but in my own personal belief, I say no matter how strong your faith is or how intact it may be, no one of us can be 100% absolutely certain about what follows after this life we know of. If this by any chance is our one shot at happiness, our one chance at enjoyment, AND our one opportunity for being self fulfilled and content with life, then why not do just that?

You are never too young, and never ever too old to reach for the things you long ago gave up on. This is your life, my friends. Take hold of it, do what you can and work with what you have. Sure, things maybe aren’t exactly as they were years ago when you dropped your dreams in the trash, but regardless make the best of your present capabilities and do all that you can to push yourself towards what you always longed for. You are worth the time. YOU ARE worth the effort. So with that being said, I challenge all who read this very blog. Take it a day at a time, but start today, on once again realizing your dreams and your potential. Hopefully some of you will join me in this; that I do hope.

Before I exit for the night here I would like to say this: To me failure is nonexistent. It is something we makeup in our own minds in order to convince ourselves that we aren’t worth it, that we can and will not accomplish what we reach for. My friends, failure is nothing but a lie that we tell ourselves at the worst times in our lives. If you fall (that is not failure), get back up. If the winds seem to push you backwards (that is not failure), move onward and the storm shall calm. And if by some chance the darkness appears to cover every inch of your surroundings (that is once again, not failure at all), hold out your hands, for that my friends is called hope.

May the winds move in your favor.
Peace & Love.
-Dustin
"So if you're careful
You won't get hurt
But if your careful all the time
then what's it worth"
-Cosy Prisons by A-ha

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:33 am

Hi Dustin.

I think dreams change-they don't go away. As we progress in life, our dreams change. The dreams we had as small children no longer has a place in our growth. Things change. Our desires in life changes, so our dreams must change. When you don't hold on to your childhood dreams, that doesn't mean that you gave up on your dreams - you've just changed them. They became something else. A NEW dream. :)

Return to “Session 6 - Stop Being Angry and Control Your Mood Swings”