Carrying Guilt

You can get EXACTLY what you want out of most any situation if you only think before you react. After building these skills, your anger will work FOR you instead of against you.
Goobie

Post by Goobie » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:39 am

So I just started therapy cuz the meds don't seem to be working after 2 1/2yrs. Told the Therapist that my neck and shoulders are always hurting. She said i wuz carrying guilt but i can't seem to figure what it is and why i'm trying to please someone.

deedee00

Post by deedee00 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:04 am

He may be on to something.

I've had a lot of unnecessary guilt for many years, and I've been having neck and back tension for soooo long.

I've also heard someone else say this. Maybe there's some truth in it.

Ok. I'm letting go of the guilt now.

amberlee

Post by amberlee » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:07 am

You know I have been feeling guilty for just about everything, but my neck or shoulders don't seem to hurt its usually my head, probably because I think about it too much.

The thing I feel guilty about the most is when I don't give my animals enough attention. I will feel like I am neglecting them when I leave them outside all day, but when the dogs are in the house I am contantly yelling at them to lay down because they get into everything.

And it has been snowing here in grand old New Mexico which is very unusual, but one of my dogs is a boxer and when I leave to go somewhere I have to put her outside. When I come home I feel so guilty like I just tortured her by leaving in out there.

In the program though I guess its normal to have guilt.

deedee00

Post by deedee00 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:02 pm

Guilt is a terrible thing.

I've been feeling guilty about having to give my cats away. I am VERY allergic to them and have been having some serious sinus problems because of them. Even though I love them, I had to give them up. My health has to come first. They are living my daughter's friends now. I'm happy that they're in a good home, but it's so hard to deal with. I've had them for a long time.

I shouldn't feel guilty. And cats don't think like us. They are happy anywhere they are being taken care of. They are not somewhere sad because I had to give them up. LOL

whew! I feel a lot better now.

Whomever read all of this, thanks for listening!! :cool:

Jazelle

Post by Jazelle » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:33 pm

Guilt can be good and bad. Failure brings guilt many times, but we also learn from failure. We must learn to verbally release our guilt to God in response to His promise of forgiveness. We forgive others, but forgiving ourselves[/I is the hardest!

Paula C.

Post by Paula C. » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:48 am

thanks for the honesty about guilt; I have lived with this for so long - even as a child - I am not sure how to live without it. This will be difficult for me - not sure how to start actually. I guess that positive self-talk will help. Any comments will be appreciated.
I notice that we are experiencing body aches; me, too. I do remember that Lucinda said that nurturing touching is helpful to us. This is beneficial to me tremendously. I try to have massages two times a month and my stress just melts away - of course, I have to deal with guilt about doing something for myself! but I feel so much better that I am sure Lucinda would say,"good job".
Also finding distractions have been very effective for me; sometimes when I am seeking a positive thought the best I can do is find a color in my immediate surroundings that I can focus on and say what a beautiful color that green, red, blue, yellow, etc. is to me. Give it a try!

Return to “Session 6 - Stop Being Angry and Control Your Mood Swings”