feedback

You can get EXACTLY what you want out of most any situation if you only think before you react. After building these skills, your anger will work FOR you instead of against you.
sfargom

Post by sfargom » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:14 pm

Hello, How is everyone doing with session 6? I've noticed that nobody has made any new entries since end of September.

I know that i'm able to handle any anger better than before. Of course, i'm also not drinking and trying to stay calm so that I don't over-react and say something i regret later. I have been able to comfort myself with compassion by saying I have nothing really to complain about in my life. Things are going fine and I don't have to worry about much, so it won't affect me. I love that phrase on the cd quoted, "Its time to be less affected and more effective", Definitely yes!! Ok, anyone let me know how you are dealing with session 6. Thanks!
~Jason

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:06 am

I'm not on session 6, but thought I'd respond just to let you know that some of your September group is here for you! (smile)

I'm having a hard time figured EXACTLY where our group posts, so I've just been reading in all the forums and posting where I felt. I find the web site a tad bit confusing, but I believe I understand their intention in starting groups by month.

Anyway, we're here... just some of us are scattered.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:30 am

Hi Jason, Session 6 is a good one. I found it helped to journal every evening for a minimum of ten minutes while on Session 6. I wrote questions and answers to myself, such as: When that made me angry, what happened just prior to my feeling of anger? I also wrote letters to people (in my journal) who triggered my anger. I never sent them, but was able to later go back and recognize that I had a part in the anger process, even when I blamed someone else.

Aura, glad to meet you. I want to encourage you to return to your Peer Group at least once everyday. That is where you meet and become acquainted with those who began at the same time as you. You'll find many of those people will continue on through the program, and you will discover homework questions are often best discussed with your peer group. At least, that was true for me. As for posting, if you have specific problems with, let's pretend, depression. Then post those problems under the Depression Forum. There is no rule here. Simply sign on and read the posts in those forums that interest you, or where you need extra help. Best to you.

Return to “Session 6 - Stop Being Angry and Control Your Mood Swings”