Ughhh...I'm angry after listening to session 6 tape for the first time.

You can get EXACTLY what you want out of most any situation if you only think before you react. After building these skills, your anger will work FOR you instead of against you.
krissy20

Post by krissy20 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:42 am

I feel angry after listening to the session 6 tape. I am an angry person and because I was abused as a child I hate anger. I don't like being angry it scares me and I worry about being violent. I don't like how anger feels, so in a way I always have unexpressed anger. It overflows every once in a while and I'll snap at someone, but I always feel very badly afterwards. I worry that people won't like me if I get angry.

Also I have gotten violent before. I was once violent when someone said that my apology wasn't sincere. I also was angry when I fought with a friend. We were both at fault and I was the only one who recognized my part in the situation.

I don't like anger and I feel anxious about my anger.

Krissy

Boon

Post by Boon » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:02 am

Krissy try to talk yourself back into a calm, relaxed state and if need be stop that session for now and go back to sessions 2 and 3 for a day or so until you rid yourself of this anger. You aren't helping yourself feeling this way and you know that. Go do the relaxation cd, go for a walk, read a good book, watch a funny movie or anything that works to get you relaxed...do deep breathing also. Go back and don't allow this anger to consume you and ruin a day. Those bad hormones are being released and you and I know what happens then.
CONTROL, CONSOLE,BREATHE, RELAX, & LET IT GO

Hope you feel better,
You have been doing good don't stop now.

Deb
"Life is not about comfort. It is about living." Dr. Howard Liebgold

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:27 am

Thank you for your advice. I appreciate. I will try to relax and do something instead of get angry. I have learned so much already this week about myself and my anger. I'm struggling, but I'm pushing forward. I have to change and what I learned this week is that to move forward you have to learn. In order to learn I have to listen and do things that make me uncomfortable. My mind isn't used to doing good things for me. I get afraid with each new session and I go through a period of self hate.

God Bless,
Krissy

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:34 am

Hi Again Krissy,

You are doing so GREAT!!!!
Try to be easier on yourself...you are in a delicate state right now like so many on here and we can be so hard on ourselves..sometimes we really don't know how hard we are and how much we abuse our minds and bodies.

Take it slow, you are on your journey to a peacefull ending...it gets closer each day. If you relax and just dream about that beautifull road we are on together, strolling along, listening to the birds around us and seeing the beauty all around and the sign saying joy is getting closer with each step we take, everything you want is ahead, you can see where the road turns into a meadow of wild flowers dancing in the breeze, the smell of the flowers is so soothing, we keep getting closer each hour and each day now. I can feel, smell and taste that victory. So can YOU!
It's a wonderfull journey we are taking...feel it, live it.

Always here for anyone, God Bless, take a walk in all the beauty. I am.

Sit-N-Spin

Post by Sit-N-Spin » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:19 am

Reading what Krissy has experienced with her anger,feels very familiar to me. I too get angry with people for what seems like little things to others. I reacted to a friend who insulted a service person and when he did not admit that he was out of line, I became angry and let him know how I felt. Later, I realized that I could have handled it better if I would have left the anger out of my conversation. This happens often to me and I feel so much guilt because of it.

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:28 am

Krissy, Hey I know just what you are going through......I have the same issues that you have. It is not easy. I am having problems right now with my family. I have apoligized and they will not forgive me. The whole thing was not even my fault. So I can relate to you very well. I am always here if you would like to talk. Take care.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:10 pm

Thank you for understanding. I have to say that I have been in your shoes many times. I too have apologized and not been forgiven. People said I didn't mean it or that I shouldn't apologize if I am going to do it again. Some things just don't make any sense to me, but I am learning. I learn everyday about me and others. For example I just developed personal boundaries 2 months ago. I had to write down what I wouldn't tolerate from others. Before I did that I had a hard time saying no to people because I really felt unimportant. This program is not easy, but Lucinda never said it would be.

God Bless you all,
Krissy

Return to “Session 6 - Stop Being Angry and Control Your Mood Swings”