Have everything!

You can get EXACTLY what you want out of most any situation if you only think before you react. After building these skills, your anger will work FOR you instead of against you.
Freckles

Post by Freckles » Sun May 25, 2008 1:58 pm

Hi everyone. Reading alot of these posts I see so much of myself in so many things. Then, I get overwhelmed on all that I need to work on. That is typical for me. When I have lots to do,no matter what it is, I feel like going in to hiding and not doing any of it. Its exhausting trying to learn new life skills with this program, raise a family, be a wife, work my job and remember to relax!LOL Anyone relate?

Boon

Post by Boon » Sun May 25, 2008 2:35 pm

Yes, I relate to this & also to your "blindsided" comment as I started the program in Dec 07 and have had less & less attacks, but then I'm in "hiding" much of the time to avoid them, so when I had one the other day it totally threw me. Anyway, back to this post; I really do know what you mean because I got so bad for so long I barely even cleaned. If I could do the laundry once a week (sometimes took me 3 days) and make supper 5 times a week that was ALL I could do for a long time. Then I started the program & now I clean but still not "every week" but just a lot more than I was & you know, that helped me feel like I was finally "getting somewhere." I take the program really slow. I just have to. I have yet to go to a dentist again or to fly on a plane again. (and I have 2 broken teeth!) I figure if I keep plugging away though as I can, with baby steps & prayer, I will get better. My dear husband says he does see improvements and I've been on program for about 5 months and have just started Session 8. Best to you! Just baby step it, or as the saying goes "How do you eat an elephant?! One bite at a time!"
"Life is not about comfort. It is about living." Dr. Howard Liebgold

Post by Guest » Mon May 26, 2008 6:57 am

Hi Sybil, I've also have been taking my time on the program. I started in Feb. and now I am just getting ready for session 7! Oh well, I will absorb as much as I can without stressing. That's the whole idea,I'm sure! HA! Yes I used to be such a clean freak(the perfectionest coming out)but with two children I did have to relax on that some what. I leave things longer then I should now. The mess will bug me but feel no energy to deal with it.

Return to “Session 6 - Stop Being Angry and Control Your Mood Swings”