Anger issues, need help bad!

You can get EXACTLY what you want out of most any situation if you only think before you react. After building these skills, your anger will work FOR you instead of against you.
Tryinhard

Post by Tryinhard » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:31 am

When I was younger, my brother did some things that really bothered me at the time. They weren't all that bad, but at the time they were felt very very cruel and made me feel horribly violated. I couldn't care less now, however for most of my life, whenever he makes certain noises, or does certain things I get an uncontrollable rage, Like I want to kill him. I feel very violated at these times and very mad at him for no reason. I think this has to do with unresolved issues about some of the things he put me through when I was younger. He now regrets doing thsoe things and has been very sorry, because neither of us would have known that the things he did would have caused this. I mean he didn't know he was only a kid.
THe biggest problem now is I am moving in with him because the situation warrants it finacially. We get along most of the time, but whenever he blows his nose or coughs real loud I get this immediate feeling of anger and violation. I want to know if anyone else has these triggers, and how I can make it so I am not bothered. I have tried to look online about any disorder about certain non-chalante things that trigger rage, but havent found anything. Could it be a very very light form of PTSD? Do i use noises he makes as a way to vent my anger and violation of the past?

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:09 pm

That sounds complicate to answer because the only one that can make the feeling go away is you. Is hard with memory you know maybe a psicologist can help you to vent your anger and work through it until it doesn't affect you anymore.

Gman5256

Post by Gman5256 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:49 am

I can definitely relate to what you are saying. I personaly had so much anger towards my brother growing up. Alot of it had to do with the fact that he was older and a boy and could overpower me, which he did often. Now that we don't live together or see eachother often, we get along ok when we are togther, but we are not close and probably never will be.
All for His praise, glory and the joy it gives Him.

Hugs, In His Love >:D<

Gman9259
"He who dwells in the secret place of the most
high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty"

Return to “Session 6 - Stop Being Angry and Control Your Mood Swings”