afraid of the change the program could bring

You can get EXACTLY what you want out of most any situation if you only think before you react. After building these skills, your anger will work FOR you instead of against you.
clearsky27

Post by clearsky27 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:30 am

I only started the program this week and I already feel as though I am being more positive and doing better. However I have been getting really anxious about the change that this could bring. I am afraid that if I change how I think I will change what kind of person I am. I have Pure O and my main fear is that I am going to do something to ruin my relationship with my fiance, Im always afraid I would cheat on him even though I have NO desire at all to do so and dont want to . The thought of it makes me sick. Im just afraid that if I am constantly not reminding myself how awful it would be and trying to prevent it fro happening that I will let me guard down and it will happen. So I am afraid that the change that would make me not obsess over it would allow me to put my guard down and do something.

I am also afraid that like I said what if it changes the person I am in general. What if that ruins my relationship.

I have a very healthy relationship with my fiance, he is the love of my life, he is very positive and wonderful and supportive.

I am afraid what if it makes me so carefree(the program) that I do something stupid.

Or is it that the program will just let me enjoy my relationship more instead of moments being ruined by the stupid OCD.

Anyone have any idea??? Thanks for the help

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:34 pm

Clearsky,

You have a free will. You are not going to cheat on your fiance against your will. The program is not going to change your personality or make you do something you don't want to - that is giving it way too much power! The program will do nothing unless you decide that you want it to, and it will only do as much as you will allow it to do.

I'm in week 4 and I can tell I am feeling better - much less anxious, I can do things I didn't use to, and I feel much calmer. The work seems to happen very much through journaling for me.

Good luck!

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:29 am

The program is meant to get rid of something that limits you, so if you see new doors opening up after you start to feel better than that can't be a bad thing. Instead of being fearful of the changes you may see in yourself, you could be excited that the program is even working!

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:31 am

Originally posted by Arwen:
Clearsky,

You have a free will. You are not going to cheat on your fiance against your will. The program is not going to change your personality or make you do something you don't want to - that is giving it way too much power! The program will do nothing unless you decide that you want it to, and it will only do as much as you will allow it to do.

I'm in week 4 and I can tell I am feeling better - much less anxious, I can do things I didn't use to, and I feel much calmer. The work seems to happen very much through journaling for me.
I find that journaling is helping me also. I am in week four and I read all that I have been writing and I know what I need to work on more then others.....I do feel better.
Darla

Good luck!

Return to “Session 6 - Stop Being Angry and Control Your Mood Swings”