Many reasons to get angry.......

You can get EXACTLY what you want out of most any situation if you only think before you react. After building these skills, your anger will work FOR you instead of against you.

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:39 pm

I just finished week 6. I ended off the week on a really good note, but the beginning and middle of the week wasn't so good. I noticed that the week the anger needed to be dealt with, there seemed to be more reasons then usual to get angry. The boss was short tempered, the lines at the grocery store seemed long and slow, and one of the people I told about my anxiety spread the news thru the family. One person even said (as I was walking into the room) "He's faking it. He's fine". He didn't say "he" though, he said my name. I did the breathing and the calming down and the relxation tapes as soon as I got home. Maybe I should be proud of myself for coming this far and making people think I don't have anxiety. When I got home that night, a panic attack hit. I REALLY wanted to phone them and show them ! LOL AND I really want to go up to the person I trusted and tell him off for gossiping. I know, I know.........relax !

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:03 pm

Hey manofmusic,
It's human to get angry and given the fact your trust was broken I really feel you handled it very well so give yourself a huge pat on the back and try to shake it off...I don't understand why anyone would repeat something said to them in private but it happens to everyone at some point in time. Your a better man than those who made cracks about you and that's what matters the most.

People can really do their best to bring us down and they will always be somewhere, everywhere we go.

I'm just thrilled with all your progress and know you will be ok.

Take care my friend.

Return to “Session 6 - Stop Being Angry and Control Your Mood Swings”