sweets

You can get EXACTLY what you want out of most any situation if you only think before you react. After building these skills, your anger will work FOR you instead of against you.
john michael swanson

Post by john michael swanson » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:54 pm

was doing so good when i poped into session 6 when all of a sudden thanksgiving hit. pies candied yams sweets sweets sweets, oh what to do. i ate me a carmal apple and went back in one day to not having a panic attack-thank god but very anxious.can't eat anymore but what do you do when this time of year comes around?christmas and all,any help will help thanks a friend
what?

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:27 am

I have the same problem plus besides the holiday goodies try working at a bakery! Very difficult. I just finished off a pc. of pie and cheesecake while at this computer so I'm not one to give great advice. However, drinking LOTS more water than usual, trying to eat veggies, preferably raw when you're not with friends or family gatherings will help. Try not to focus on the slip but get back on track the next hour or day, whatever. Inch by inch it's a cinch, yard by yard it's hard. We need to pray for each other! I know what to do, now to be able to put it into practice.

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:21 am

I stopped eating sweets for about 6 months after starting the program for the 2nd time. Now because my body isn't so full of sugar, I can have an occasional sweet treat but I always make sure to eat something else with it to add a "buffer" for the sugar because if I eat sugar on a empty stomach I'll still get that anxious feeling. I just don't over do it anymore.

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:06 am

I've also found that the sweetness in fruits is like the sweetness in sweets, so eating an orange when I want something sweet really helps me.

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:12 pm

I always get those cravings. It's hard to minimize.

Return to “Session 6 - Stop Being Angry and Control Your Mood Swings”