Diet advise

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
Mamma Maria

Post by Mamma Maria » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:24 am

I am restarting the program this month. I am posting a question here because diet is where I got hung up before. What types of sugar are encouraged to avoid? Is there a certain sugar gram on nutrition labels to avoid? Things like bread and even whole grain (Kashi) cereal contain honey/sugar. Any advice is welcomed. Or am I just freaking out way too much? :roll: Thank you!

theresa2008

Post by theresa2008 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:38 am

"For comparison, the U. S. Department of Agriculture recommends that a person who consumes a 2,000 calorie diet should not consume more than about 40 grams of refined sugars per day."

Almost everything has a little sugar in it. Honey and natural sugar are the best sources of sugar, IMO. I try to stay away from high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) and other artificial sweeteners, but I've noticed that HCFS is in everything (ketchup, flavored yogurt, hot sauce). In general I think just staying away from ultra-sugary items like candy, pastries, and sodas is the best path to reduce overall sugar intake.

Mamma Maria

Post by Mamma Maria » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:32 am

Thank you!

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”