my heart is going to burst!

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
india_6

Post by india_6 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:31 pm

well on a good note, i actually worked out tonight. big step for me. my heart was racing but i kept on going saying over and over, this is okay, this is okay. when i stopped, my heart was still thudding out of my chest. it is so scary. i didn't panic. still doing well in that aspect, it's been a while thank God. :) but this is going to be hard for me i can tell. even getting my heart rate up on purpose is a huge stride for me, but it's hard to shake this fear. i just don't want to give in and let it make me stop. i know i need to work out, just scares me. any feedback would be great especially if you have the same problem. thank you all :)

DisneyGirl

Post by DisneyGirl » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:52 pm

Hi India--I have the exact same problem. I finally seem to be sticking to an exercise plan and it's been about 7 weeks and just last week I finally noticed that the racing thumping heart is not bothering me anymore. So if you can stick to a regular plan (and yes I do know how hard that is) I think overtime you will notice it less and less. Good luck to you, and congrats on exercising!!!

The_Prodigy_Son

Post by The_Prodigy_Son » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:19 pm

Your heart will not burst! No such thing has ever happened.

Remember: in order to have a strong heart, you must exercise and get your heart rate up. Your heart is designed to beat fast when you exercise. Not exercising over a long period of time will make your heart weak, and it will not be able to preform as well as it should. Exercise also helps regulate your blood pressure to keep it normal.

Stop worrying and you will be fine.
The individual who masters fear may march on to successful achievement in practically any undertaking, despite all efforts to defeat him.

Chief Crazy Horse

Post by Chief Crazy Horse » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:33 am

India you owe yourself a huge smile and a nice pat on the back. And then get back to work and do it again.........:):):)
Last edited by Chief Crazy Horse on Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Faith_TX

Post by Faith_TX » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:40 am

Yeahh!! That's awesome!! I can relate, it's similar to my concerns when I get too hot. I just have to keep reminding myself I'm fine (as long as I know I'm doing what I need to do to not get TOO overheated) and after you keep doing it over and over and over again, you will reinforce that you really are OK. The first few times are the hardest. Great job!
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
~~ Ronald Reagan

Dustin B

Post by Dustin B » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:39 am

Congratulations on your efforts. Keep it up! :u]

-Dustin
"So if you're careful
You won't get hurt
But if your careful all the time
then what's it worth"
-Cosy Prisons by A-ha

JasonSorge

Post by JasonSorge » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:47 am

I actually was a heart beat freak for a while and used to listen to it all the time and say....."does that sound right?" or "I think it skiped a beat there","I hope it doesnt beat to fast and burst". I finnally just became obsesed with it and it gave me tremendous anxiety. I would ask my self if I was ok constantly, and it drove me up the wall. I dont do it any more. I finally told myself or my heart in almost an angry manor " Look I dont have time for this crap, if your gonna stop,skip and burst get it over with, I have stuff to do". I actually would get angry when I would say it and it make me feel like I was in charge and in control. :)

btw... The human heart it much tougher then we think, and studies have shown it can endure long durations of elevated beats for even days with no damage. Remember its strong and durable and will NOT just stop or pop. Has it given up on you yet?? If your reading this I'll take that as a no.... ;)

Emerald

Post by Emerald » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:16 pm

Thank you for those encouraging words. I have been there too.

diamond_krissy@yahoo.com

Post by diamond_krissy@yahoo.com » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:55 am

One day i was exercising and after i was all done i went and took my blood pressure and my heart rate was 125 then i took it again and it was 153 and that scared me.So i tryed to stay calm then stopped at rite aid and rechecked it and it was 114 then rechecked it again and it was 104.It's been a month sence i haven't been exercising.I had a minor heart attack 2 years ago last month shovling the snow and i did 3 months of cardiac rehab and everything was fine and after that i continued to exercise until after that last episode.I just hate feeling like that it scares me.I used to have very bad panic attacks when i was a teenager but they came back and im now 36.I've been to the hospital about 10 times in an abulance and have been checked out completely and everything is fine.I've been with my sons father for about 8 years and his life isn't very stable he won't work and he's on drugs and he seems to make me very anxious and nervous.I think that dealing with all his problems and all mine to is just to overwelming and im a single parent with 2 kids and im doing it all by myself and it's not easy.I've missed alot of work,won't drive any wheres and don't feel like doing much of anything.The doctors gave me pills but im afraid to take them because of the way that they might make me feel.I would like to try and handle this on my own without depending on medicines.I just want to feel normal again im so sick of feeling the way that i do.My daughter says you never want to do anything mom.I hate begin alone i have to have someone with me every single second or i get scared and nervous.Does anybody have any suggestions for me on what to do.I would really appriate any advise that anyone has to give.

The_Prodigy_Son

Post by The_Prodigy_Son » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:05 am

diamond_krissy, you need to reduce the stress in your life - and if things are not working out with your partner you need to seriously think about moving on...and finding a new partner who will make you happy.

Secondly, do you have the Combatting Stress and Depression Program programme? If not, get it. Also buy Claire Weeks Self Help for Your Nerves book. Lucinda's programme and Claire Weeks book is what helped me the most to make a complete recovery.

All the best.
The individual who masters fear may march on to successful achievement in practically any undertaking, despite all efforts to defeat him.

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”