Exercise!

Did you know what you eat and drink dramatically affects how you feel? Learn how to calm yourself and feel more energetic through diet and exercise.
theresa2008

Post by theresa2008 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:16 am

So about a month ago I signed up for a fitness class at school where basically you go into the gym whenever you want and have to fulfill so many hours by the end of the semester. The first few times I worked out I felt so out of shape! I didn't look forward to going to the gym- when I started sweating or my heart started pumping I would get scared. Now I'm going to the gym four days a week. I actually look forward to going now. I have to admit that I still sometimes get a little anxious but at the same time it feels good to push myself. I used to make my husband go with me because I was scared to go by myself. Now sometimes I go alone and am fine.

So lesson is, even if it's uncomfortable at first keep working at it! I feel better than before and people have already started commenting on how much thinner I look! :)

Moonglo

Post by Moonglo » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:22 am

Way to go! Just reading your message made me very proud of you! And it was encouraging too so thanks! Keep on walking.....

Deener

Post by Deener » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:42 am

Hi Theresa...Congratulations! You are on your way to recovery! :)

lockdo

Post by lockdo » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:52 pm

I use the Ab Scissor from Body by Jake and work out to music.I love it. :D

rose_thorn98

Post by rose_thorn98 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:58 pm

Exercise was the biggest thing that helped me get over depression and anxiety. I joined a gym and at first I'd have like 5 panic attackes every time I went there. But now I love going there and feel like I'm part of the furniture I feel so comfortable there. One thing that I did was put the Lessons on my I pod and listen to them while I worked out.
~The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Martin Luther King, Jr~

Return to “Session 5 - Eat and Exercise to Minimize Anxiety and Depression”